Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Start Sim paused, change distance marks  (Read 4821 times)

MarB25

Start Sim paused, change distance marks
« on: March 21, 2016, 05:38:04 PM »
A few questions, New user:  I am using US2 to create unique solar and planetary/moon systems.

Q.1:  When I start a new, empty simulation, the timer begins as soon as it opens (Play is on), before I am able to build a system, or change the time step.  Is there a way to start the simulation paused, so that I am able to build, then begin my own simulation at zero?   Or maybe I am missing where I can zero out the time to 0 days, years, etc.

Q.2:  Is there a way to change the distance marks on the grid and in edit mode to light seconds/minutes, etc?  When I am placing planets and moons, I like to jockey them around before I start the sim and having to convert all the time becomes time-consuming.  I know I can change the distance parameters in the details section of the body, but I can't change the distance there?

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: Start Sim paused, change distance marks
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 06:49:42 PM »
Welcome! Hope you've been enjoying Universe Sandbox ². :)

1 - You can enable Start Paused via the Advanced Settings when opening a sim. Click Home > Open > Hover over any sim tile and click the pencil icon > Enable Start Paused. Now you can go back and click New sim and it will start paused.

2 - Hm, no, as far as I know there is no way to edit the units on the grid. That's a good idea, though, could certainly be useful when building systems. I'll put it on our to-do list.

MarB25

Re: Start Sim paused, change distance marks
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 11:02:51 PM »
Thanks for the help in start paused and looking forward to being able to change units when placing objects  :)