Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Help! I can not start the US 2!  (Read 9966 times)

Argentine Cube

Help! I can not start the US 2!
« on: May 22, 2010, 02:11:57 AM »
:(I uninstalled the US 1, and then downloaded and installed the US 2. However, every time after I start the US 2, it suddenly appears "safe mode" and "normal mode" options. I choose any option, it exits and does not start.
I think the registration number of US 1 has not been cleared, so the US 2 can not start. Who can solve this problem?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 02:21:01 AM by Argentine Cube »

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
Re: Help! I can not start the US 2!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 05:51:57 AM »
I can't say too much about the problem, but it shouldn't have anything to do with the registration of US1. If you have no license for US2 (it doesn't matter if you have one for US1 or not), you will be able to use the features from the free version (open any system and some simple controls). So it should be able to start.

Argentine Cube

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 07:45:27 AM »
Thank you for replying to my question! This problem had been my settled. The US 2 could not start was not due to registration numbers. It was only because of my "net framework" plug-in version was not 3.5.

deoxy99

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 08:30:53 AM »
Thank you for replying to my question! This problem had been my settled. The US 2 could not start was not due to registration numbers. It was only because of my "net framework" plug-in version was not 3.5.
And I had the same problem during the Beta. Although it was solved by Dan's awesome code editing, and not a registration code.

pagalzone

• Dark Energy, quarks & laptons make up everything!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 10:57:26 PM »
I am having the same problem with beta and final versions of USB2. I have also installed all the latest frameworks and their service packs. It didn't worked yet. There is some problem with awesomium .net wrapper. I am still unable to run it. Is anybody there who is running it on XP with SP3?

pagalzone

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 07:19:18 PM »
BANG!
I HAVE INSTALLED .NET FRAMEWORK 3.0 WITH SERVICE PACK 1 AND FRAMEWORK 3.5 AND IT STARTED TO WORK!
THE STARTUP ERROR "SAFE MODE" AND "NORMAL MODE" IS GONE.
DAN, PLEASE PUT A CHECK IN UPCOMING VERSIONS OF USB TO CHECK THE REQUIRED FRAMEWORKS. ALSO, I FOUND THAT USB 2 DOES NOT WORK ON WINDOWS 2000 PLATFORM AS FRAMEWORK DOES NOT GET INSTALLED ON IT.

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 09:27:42 PM »
BANG!
I HAVE INSTALLED .NET FRAMEWORK 3.0 WITH SERVICE PACK 1 AND FRAMEWORK 3.5 AND IT STARTED TO WORK!
THE STARTUP ERROR "SAFE MODE" AND "NORMAL MODE" IS GONE.
DAN, PLEASE PUT A CHECK IN UPCOMING VERSIONS OF USB TO CHECK THE REQUIRED FRAMEWORKS. ALSO, I FOUND THAT USB 2 DOES NOT WORK ON WINDOWS 2000 PLATFORM AS FRAMEWORK DOES NOT GET INSTALLED ON IT.
Do not have to yell. You know, all caps sounds like yelling. ::)
What's with the bang?

pagalzone

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 01:52:21 AM »
Bang, because I and Dan both were trying the find the problem from last 2 weeks. Everything was looking OK but the software was not working. And because everything was started with a Bang so as USB 2.0 for me. ;D

MikeNTX

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 10:50:37 PM »
I am not sure this is any help.  But I have Windows 7 and I noticed I could run USB 2 fine and then exit out normally.  But when I went to start it again nothing would happen.  Having seen this before with other programs I started the Task manager and found USB was still running in the background.   Wwhat had happened when I clicked Exit in USB just the GUI stopped but the program was still running.  So when I went to start it again it saw it was already running and would not stop.  I stopped it using Task Manager then I can restart it just fine.  But this happens every time I use USB

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 09:08:35 AM »
Download .NET Version 3 or 4. That will solve your problem.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 09:44:09 AM »
Download .NET Version 3 or 4. That will solve your problem.

Thanks for the suggestion deoxy99, but I don't think that's the problem here.

I stopped it using Task Manager then I can restart it just fine.  But this happens every time I use USB

MikeNTX... What version are you running? Is it 2.0.3 or 2.0.4? You can always find the version on the Main Menu or at the bottom of the Options page.

MikeNTX

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 08:05:22 PM »
2.0.3, it is what I downloaded the other night