Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Population on a planet  (Read 9592 times)

Benry2000

Population on a planet
« on: January 07, 2016, 04:09:09 PM »
Can the developers add a tool for adding population to a planet? it would be fun

Fluffers

Re: Population on a planet
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 07:58:45 PM »
I actually spent a pretty significant amount of time trying to see if I could get advanced life to develop on a planet. I took various earth-sized rocky planets, put them at an orbit of 1 AU from sol, gave them the same moon at our moon's orbit distance, tinkered with the materials percentages, and generally made them as close to earth as possible, in attempt to see if life would generate on a non-earth planet given the same or extremely similar conditions. I never made any progress, but I don't know if it's because I wasn't getting it close enough, or because it doesn't exist.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 01:23:37 PM »
I actually spent a pretty significant amount of time trying to see if I could get advanced life to develop on a planet. I took various earth-sized rocky planets, put them at an orbit of 1 AU from sol, gave them the same moon at our moon's orbit distance, tinkered with the materials percentages, and generally made them as close to earth as possible, in attempt to see if life would generate on a non-earth planet given the same or extremely similar conditions. I never made any progress, but I don't know if it's because I wasn't getting it close enough, or because it doesn't exist.

Currently the life chances are nothing more than a number. No matter what you do, you won't see green appear on an Earthlike planet because life hasn't been implemented yet, though the devs are working towards it.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 10:44:09 PM »
Life appearing isn't implemented, simple as that. You can modify Earth to hell and back and when it returns to a liquid water state, it will have life, but other planets won't get life on them no matter how hard you try, unfortunately.

BOYCSY

• Typical Uranus jokes.
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 08:11:47 AM »
Currently there's a bug which there are city lights on other planets with water and land. Although it's a bug, I think it's still pretty cool to own a planet which has intelligent lifeforms

Niel amstronge xd

• Black Holes are fun!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 07:27:06 AM »
is this a bug?

dylan

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 07:15:01 PM »

JayPix2012

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 09:29:38 PM »
is this a bug?
yep
No, it not a bug. It's part of Universe Sandbox 2. I have them pop up on some of my planets from time to time. They were even in early builds of the simulator. Hope this helps.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 10:17:08 AM »
is this a bug?
yep
No, it not a bug. It's part of Universe Sandbox 2. I have them pop up on some of my planets from time to time. They were even in early builds of the simulator. Hope this helps.

No it's not.if these were real lights they should only appear when life probability is above a certain point but they've been a bug ever since they started being in the game, the devs just haven't gotten rid of them yet and that might be because they're going to actually make city lights possible one day but right now it's only a bug.

Niel amstronge xd

• Black Holes are fun!
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 07:42:48 AM »
is this a bug?
yep

No it's not.if these were real lights they should only appear when life probability is above a certain point but they've been a bug ever since they started being in the game, the devs just haven't gotten rid of them yet and that might be because they're going to actually make city lights possible one day but right now it's only a bug.
Yep.... Lights can even be on venus.