Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ability to add life to planets  (Read 3863 times)

Austritistanian

• Amateur shitposter
Ability to add life to planets
« on: October 26, 2016, 06:37:59 AM »
I understand that you can adjust the amount of organic materials on the planet. But i think it should add something to the planet when I changed it.

For instance, vegetations should appear on the surface of the planet when I crank up the amount of organic materials to the planet (around 0.00015% maybe). And depending on the atmospheric compositions, it should change colors.

If there's ocean on the planet, there would be lush rainforests near the equator, with deserts forming on the mid latitude. Since thunderstorms would form on such planet, and it would only form near the equator, as you might expect.

storm027

Re: Ability to add life to planets
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 12:38:23 PM »
um plant colors are determined by sun colors, not by atmospheric composition

iZenAtomic

• Look mom, I blew up Jupiter
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 06:55:19 PM »
I understand that you can adjust the amount of organic materials on the planet. But i think it should add something to the planet when I changed it.

For instance, vegetations should appear on the surface of the planet when I crank up the amount of organic materials to the planet (around 0.00015% maybe). And depending on the atmospheric compositions, it should change colors.

If there's ocean on the planet, there would be lush rainforests near the equator, with deserts forming on the mid latitude. Since thunderstorms would form on such planet, and it would only form near the equator, as you might expect.
I think they removed the "organics" option in the Alpha 19 previews. Not sure, as I tested this with material loss and organics appeared. We will know once Alpha 19 comes, probably.

tesco

• Sauce
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 11:12:51 AM »
They'll add this once they add life and city lights. Go on their roadmap and read through it