Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: NativeCPU doesn't stay on and isn't default for mac  (Read 1988 times)

Robrules3

NativeCPU doesn't stay on and isn't default for mac
« on: December 24, 2015, 06:20:02 PM »
Everytime I open US2, I always have to change it to NativeCPU, and I also have to change it back to Native everytime I open a new simulation. Is there anyway to make it permanent?

Greenleaf

• Thomas Grønneløv
  • Development Team
Re: NativeCPU doesn't stay on and isn't default for mac
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 02:58:40 AM »
We found issues with native for mac and linux after release... planets not rotating, and because of that, we default to managed for linux and mac. It is something I have to fix as soon as possible and when that is done, we will make it sticky like it is on windows.

Robrules3

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 05:08:56 AM »
Thanks for the response

vmorgo

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 07:33:29 AM »
I've run into this, too--Linux is Mint 17.3 Rosa 64-bit. 

Please advise soonest when new opt-in beta is available.  Will be glad to test it for you!

(Noted other problems, particularly with "Enable Climate" producing incomprehensible results, and some planets cannot be modified (e.g., add water, organics), temperatures don't modify they way they should, changing planetary (semi-major access) can have unpredictable results, etc.)

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 07:35:04 PM »
Hey Greenleaf, I watched two different YouTube vids about the current update and alpha 17, and from what I noticed, the planets, and other body's, seem to be a bit jittery when they move in both updates.
Why is that?