Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Eldar Corruption  (Read 1169 times)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
The Eldar Corruption
« on: December 22, 2015, 11:12:46 PM »
The Eldar Corruptions entered the sickle-tipped gates of Blacraft in the twelth year of the second millenium. And the Eldar was cunning, and the Eldar was devious. And the Eldar did not show their true nature, for the Eldar knew they could not topple the kingly Blanoxium from his throne, not yet, not in one fell swoop. So the Eldar bid their time, and ere dawn on the sixteenth day of the eleventh month, the winds of Blacraft were scented with auspicious Impurity. Hence the Eldar raised their vile implements and struck.

And the swift sword of Blanoxium could not stop the Eldar Corruption. Hence it came to be that walls of the Library of Virtue were turned to rubble, and the rubble shattered into rock, and the rock was reduced to ash, and the ash to dust, and dust to nothing at all. It is said that the wrath of the Princes of Blacraft was mighty then, and a great host was drawn up. Thus Prince Matthias, the greatest weaponsmith of his age, and all ages since, forged ten thousand blades of diamond. And thus Prince Rodvenio, famed warrior of the Beta Age, took up his blade and bow. And the gauntlet of war was thrown.

But it was for nought, for the Eldar had already slipped away. And for nine days and nine nights, the fabled eye of Prince Komrage scoured the land from horizon to horizon. But there was nothing. And on the tenth day, while the eye of Komrage rested, the Eldar passed through the valley of Desertopia. So it soon came to pass that the Eldar were forgotten. And the Princes who swore vigilance grew weary, and soon it came to pass that the destruction of the Library of Virtue was but a mere legend. But the Eldar, did not leave, for they were not finished, for the Eldar will never be finished.

It has been twelve seasons since the first incursion of the Eldar, and already, the memories grow faint. Yet is it time again to ignite the fire in thy veins. For mere hours ago, the Eldar rose from their shadowy halls, and struck again. And but for the valiant efforts of Prince Komrage, untold devastation would have resulted. And this time, the Eldar come in their full glory, and the Eldar hold nothing in reserve, and the Eldar have burned their vessels, and shall not retreat. Hence, the Princes of Blacraft must stand once against this foe. And if it comes to be that they fall in battle, they fall knowing they have died not in vain, but for the glory of a new, uncorrupted Age.

----

remember that chunk where I built my library back here: http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,2724.msg90395.html#msg90395
and the library got corrupted away a few hours later

well i've built many things in that chunk since then, and no problems happened. but today, i was building something over that chunk, and whenever i do, i get some fps lag, and about 30 seconds to a minute later, the server crashes, and shit gets rolled back. that's fun.

also i spent an entire hour writing that high quality prose above so you ponies better be in love with it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 11:28:33 PM by vh »

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
Re: The Eldar Corruption
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 05:59:40 AM »
Kol I like the style the story was written in, it makes it sound so adventurous I accidentally plastered 9001 kneecaps all over my body while reading it.

matty406

Re: The Eldar Corruption
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 07:28:43 AM »
that chunk is haunted by foul beings