What do you preffer added?

Ai and user controlled objects
6 (37.5%)
3D planets when stationed on the ground
7 (43.8%)
Both
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Must Haves, and Other Needs by us users  (Read 2911 times)

Must Haves, and Other Needs by us users
« on: November 30, 2015, 05:48:04 PM »
Hello, My name is Gino, ever since I found this game I wanted some added items to it.  For example, I wish they added AI or used Google maps to replicate a 3D earth and maybe an exploration mode that makes it so you are in a rocket and can explore the galaxies...

Now, I am totally fine with these not being added but it would be awesome....

But for now, leave your comments stating your wants and just hope the Developers listen to our plead
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 03:50:54 PM by TheHeavyWithHair049 »

codefantastic

• I hope these asteroids don't cause trouble
Re: Must Haves, and Other Needs by us users
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 06:27:07 AM »
1. This is a simulator, not a free roam like Space Engine.
2. If you want binary star systems, use the binary tool when placing stars.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 04:36:33 PM »
If Universe Sandbox used Google maps then you wouldn't be able to play if you were to have no internet connection .-. I don't want that to happen ugh...

Honestly, the thing I want most out o this that the devs STILL haven't even mentioned in a SINGLE "what we're planning" post is the ability to add custom textures/heightmaps...I mean, that couldn't possibly be harder to implement then SPH could it??? And they're working on that, so...???

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 07:19:45 PM »
Also, if you want to post something YOU want added you can! That's another thing this forum was for!

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 03:04:51 AM »
Why are you speaking for us

codefantastic

• I hope these asteroids don't cause trouble
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 06:27:56 AM »
If Universe Sandbox used Google maps then you wouldn't be able to play if you were to have no internet connection .-. I don't want that to happen ugh...

Honestly, the thing I want most out o this that the devs STILL haven't even mentioned in a SINGLE "what we're planning" post is the ability to add custom textures/heightmaps...I mean, that couldn't possibly be harder to implement then SPH could it??? And they're working on that, so...???
YESSS

Lord DC

• Omnitae - Leader of Omnipotencia
    • Steam profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 10:53:10 AM »
tbh None of this is remotely possible, if you want two suns next to each other use the binary tool, in the state the software is in right now, AI and Google maps is out of question. Exploration you can use space engine.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 11:54:41 AM »
AI and Google maps is out of question. Exploration you can use space engine.

Better yet, just use Space Engineers or No Man's Sky (when it comes out). It's just extremely impractical to expect today's computers to be able to handle a fusion between an first-person--open-world-exploration game and a universal-scale physics-simulator. We're just not ready to have our cake and eat it, too.