Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Quickly creating a star system  (Read 3053 times)

frozenbacon

Quickly creating a star system
« on: October 23, 2017, 12:34:27 PM »
Is there any way for me to edit a save file via a text editor, or create a star system using xml or something? Kinda painful having to place everything manually.

tkulogo

Re: Quickly creating a star system
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 01:18:03 PM »
I fully agree. A .CSV import would be awesome, but I don't know of a feature like that.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 01:41:05 PM »
They have to have something like this to implement the Kepler systems they have (there's too many to do manually I suspect), but I have no idea how to access this or if us users can. I might be wrong though, the devs might just have spent a ton of time putting the Kepler systems they have in, or maybe there just isn't that many, I don't know, but I'd like to be able to use this sort of thing too or at least be able to export and import them with a format that we can design. Maybe a "User Star System" tab in the add menu?

Though you might want to take a look at the save file of a already built star system, maybe you can textually edit that, I dont know.

tkulogo

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 05:21:21 AM »
The save file looks like this: "PK    ZPTK’D”ã3   B       version.ini ÍË,K-*NUNÌKIʯP8´‰—" and its size has been growing by orders of magnitude in the last revision. Nothing to edit there.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 02:20:40 PM »
The save file looks like this: "PK    ZPTK’D”ã3   B       version.ini ÍË,K-*NUNÌKIʯP8´‰—" and its size has been growing by orders of magnitude in the last revision. Nothing to edit there.

Huh...Guess it's hard coded into a format .-. Well...it might be a good idea to change the format to something decipherable so we can edit (Like space engine mods)