Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Distance Structure With Rings  (Read 3368 times)

BRUH

• Ayyyyyy lmao
New Distance Structure With Rings
« on: November 06, 2015, 10:55:28 AM »
Is there a way to change the way the rings distance is setup different? I don't like now knowing how far my rings will extend. I have to do trial and error with every single one  :-\ It would be awesome if the distance could be set in AU and such because I like building factual solar systems with asteroid belts that are 25 AU to 60 AU, but i end up have to put planets at those distances and using trial and error to figure out if the rings are correct. Is there a better method than doing that? Or a way to set the distances up??

Physics_Hacker

Re: New Distance Structure With Rings
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 03:22:32 PM »
Do the math and convert

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 08:49:56 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '160186'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:09:41 AM by FiahOwl »

codefantastic

• I hope these asteroids don't cause trouble
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 06:30:36 AM »
 Or just for rings in general, instead of "Radius" just use Km or something, makes it easier for new players.

kallisti

• I'm trying.
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 08:57:30 PM »
I hope they bring back the US1 way of creating rings, where you used a slider and could see the size of the rings in real time before applying them.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 03:54:27 PM »
There was a way to do it, but the value was in meters and it was very unintuitive.

Just spent sometime making the inner and outer size values support multiple units + relative ones (like radius & geosynchronous orbit distances) so the next update will allow you to set AU as your unit.

codefantastic

• I hope these asteroids don't cause trouble
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 06:29:42 AM »
There was a way to do it, but the value was in meters and it was very unintuitive.

Just spent sometime making the inner and outer size values support multiple units + relative ones (like radius & geosynchronous orbit distances) so the next update will allow you to set AU as your unit.
Well, I guess that helps with making asteroid belts, but I really hope you guys ree add the ability to see the rings before you place them.