Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Problem with User Object - Blue Hypergiant Stars explode immediately  (Read 3285 times)

Behnam

I was trying to add a new Blue hyper-giant star like Pistol star and save it as a new user-object. I used Deneb and changed the mass,  luminosity and other items based on Wikipedia to mach it with the star I wanted to be there. finally I changed the name and saved it as user object. It appears in the objects every time I run the game but when I try to use it in the simulation, it explodes immediately after I add it. anyone knows hoe can I fix that?

SeanathonJames

Re: Problem with User Object - Blue Hypergiant Stars explode immediately
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 11:27:03 AM »
The Pistol star is not a main sequence star, which means it's not modeled properly in-game. Currently, the game's stellar evolution model only works for main sequence stars of about 11 solar masses or less, anything bigger just explodes instantly if "realistic" is on.

To fix this, either turn off "realistic" mode in the star's properties before saving it, or place the star in your simulation when it's paused, and turn off "realistic" mode before you unpause.

scruffygamer

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 01:54:47 PM »
Atleast you got a spawnable supernova? :)?

Behnam

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 11:51:26 PM »
Atleast you got a spawnable supernova? :)?
well, it begins with it :D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 12:54:10 AM by Behnam »

Behnam

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 12:52:49 AM »
The Pistol star is not a main sequence star, which means it's not modeled properly in-game. Currently, the game's stellar evolution model only works for main sequence stars of about 11 solar masses or less, anything bigger just explodes instantly if "realistic" is on.

To fix this, either turn off "realistic" mode in the star's properties before saving it, or place the star in your simulation when it's paused, and turn off "realistic" mode before you unpause.
Thanks for reply,
turning realistic "off" before saving does not help because no matter how you save a new object, it loads in realistic mod when you add it in the game. Also, adding it when the game is paused does not help...
But I am wondering how a star like Deneb starts with realistic "off". there must be a way to creat user-objects the same way.