Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Universe Sandbox² is less and less for the update  (Read 7680 times)

huppy4

• the Universe Sandbox2 alpha tester
    • the universe sandbox forum ( Chinese)
The Universe Sandbox² is less and less for the update
« on: September 26, 2015, 02:25:21 AM »
   From the alpha16 and alpha15,The USbox2 basically change no more.And also the alpha16.1.I play it only need 15 minuates and then give it up.Because its feeling fresh no more.

Gordon Freeman

Re: The Universe Sandbox² is less and less for the update
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 03:35:09 AM »
Actually if you check the update log alpha 16 fixed quite a few bugs and added a couple of features.

Arian

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 04:30:55 AM »
I play it only need 15 minuates and then give it up.Because its feeling fresh no more.

Well, it's a simulator that simulates conditions valid for roughly 13.7 billion years now, but only the conditions. What you put under those conditions is up to you.
The possibilities to get something new while "playing" are basically unlimited since you can combine everything with everything. I estimate that if you only count the possible simulation setups that would yield visibly different results and use one second for each of those simulations you'd be probably busy for another 13.7 billion years.

What I am trying to say is that the fresh feeling depends on your imagination alone. If you can't come up with fresh ideas for simulation setups, that's not because of a lack of updates.
In other words: US2 is a lab. You are the one to think of experiments to use the equipment.

codefantastic

• I hope these asteroids don't cause trouble
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 05:46:03 AM »
If feel that this apply's to any game, once the update hype wears off you get boarded really quickly. This has happened for me with KSP and Minecraft. But please don't complain about US2 not being fun or being boring. This is not a game in my opinion, it's a simulation software that helps you understand how to the universe works with almost 100% accuracy. 

DiamondMiner10

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 04:17:43 PM »
To me, games get boring when you can't play them often and there are other things to do in life. When i'm free, they get more interesting.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 10:12:23 PM »
Alpha 15 was the biggest update so far, so your view is only skewed by the fact you presumably joined around then.

codefantastic

• I hope these asteroids don't cause trouble
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 05:40:40 AM »
Alpha 15 was the biggest update so far, so your view is only skewed by the fact you presumably joined around then.
He's an alpha tester silly.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 07:53:14 AM »

huppy's been around since A7 or A8 I think

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 12:01:20 PM »
What the hell are you talking about. Each version is better than the previous one

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 12:20:22 PM »
What the hell are you talking about. Each version is better than the previous one

Sometimes people just don't know what they want. And by that, I mean they can't decide or settle with the way things are. I guess the word I'm looking for is 'fickle.'

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 02:42:59 PM »
It is not the first time he starts a thread about how the new version is worse.

huppy, the problem might be that you're just getting tired of the game. Thats normal and it is not the new version's fault

Magnetarhyper4436

• 'HYPER'NOVAE!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 04:11:43 AM »
I think you need to play/do something else, then when you have an idea you can go play it again. Period.

bw_mutley

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2015, 05:37:09 AM »
Seens like people read the name of this game (simulator or whatever) and chooses to ignore it. So far I see such a great work done, and there is room for a lot more. One thing I would suggest for the "marketing": So far it has been focused too much on "destruction", whereas the possibilities of this game is much greater then simply colliding and destroying.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2015, 10:08:45 AM »
Seens like people read the name of this game (simulator or whatever) and chooses to ignore it. So far I see such a great work done, and there is room for a lot more. One thing I would suggest for the "marketing": So far it has been focused too much on "destruction", whereas the possibilities of this game is much greater then simply colliding and destroying.

It is focused in physics just the general population is astronomy-illiterate and so all they ever do is smash things together, then come on here wanting "better coLLSIONS BETTER COLLSIONS BETTER COLLSIONS PLZ!!!"

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2015, 01:30:08 AM »
Fair point. We kinda burnt ourselves out with the release and have been taking it slow. We're now working on new features again and are excited by what we've got in store for the rest of the year.

No worries... we are still committed to updating Universe Sandbox ² for a long time to come.

DiamondMiner10

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2015, 03:56:08 PM »

It is focused in physics just the general population is astronomy-illiterate and so all they ever do is smash things together, then come on here wanting "better coLLSIONS BETTER COLLSIONS BETTER COLLSIONS PLZ!!!"
Personally I like experimenting with orbits not collisions

shadow6061be

• Belgian alpha tester
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 09:58:02 AM »
Fair point. We kinda burnt ourselves out with the release and have been taking it slow. We're now working on new features again and are excited by what we've got in store for the rest of the year.

No worries... we are still committed to updating Universe Sandbox ² for a long time to come.

Honestly, you should not be worried at all about the time interval between updates, especially since you almost always explain what is going to be in the next update (except if it is a "surprise"  :P) and how things are going (if you encountered problems or if everything's going well) all of this while taking user feedback and suggestions into account.

This makes you one of the few dev teams that opted for early access that could not even remotely look like "money grabbers": Frequent updates that add bug fixes, features and optimization, you are active on the forums,you have shown no "superiority complex" (I don't know how to call this, but I mean the fact that you accept eventual errors and do not pretend that the user is always wrong and instead listen to them) and most important thing of all : It is easy to tell that you have a passion for what you are doing.

Keep going, you are doing an awesome work !  :D

PS: Sorry if my english is wrong. I accept constructive criticism  :).
PPS: I hesitated between posting here or creating a new topic, if the mods believe a new topic would have been better, I'd be glad to do so.

Titan

• Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaace
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 11:03:46 AM »
I can't say I agree. Unlike many other games US2 gives you the tools to do whatever you want, so If it seems boring maybe you should change it up a bit and do something you haven't done before.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2015, 04:19:08 PM »
I certainly appreciate that our last few updates have not been exciting in that they have only been bug fixes...

We are working on some new features that should be exciting, but they are still some time out...

Either way... this is not a money grab and we're committed to making Universe Sandbox ² even more awesome.

huppy4

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2015, 04:31:08 PM »
I certainly appreciate that our last few updates have not been exciting in that they have only been bug fixes...

We are working on some new features that should be exciting, but they are still some time out...

Either way... this is not a money grab and we're committed to making Universe Sandbox ² even more awesome.
Well,My means you can add the irregular asteroids more and more. Also,you can give more planet HD models on the universe sandbox2.

huppy4

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2015, 04:33:40 PM »

Well,My means you can add the irregular asteroids more and more. Also,you can give more planet HD models on the universe sandbox2.
And why the GUI is similar the windows8's. My means the bottom toolbar.

DiamondMiner10

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2015, 07:34:21 AM »

It's not that easy to add new features, just wait