Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Suggestion. Shortcuts tab.  (Read 1973 times)

Plutonium

Suggestion. Shortcuts tab.
« on: September 25, 2015, 12:16:31 AM »
I was trying to create a habitable planet in a binary star system and currently it is a pain!! The user has to constantly zoom out and in to locate and select the body and brows to find the parameter that requires alteration.

SUGGESTION: A sortcut tab where the user can add the objects that require frequent attention with their 2 or 3 choosable and modifiable parameters will be great.

For example: changing the luminosity of the star while monitoring the climate of the moon which is orbiting a gas giant whose distanse to the host may need to be altered as well.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: Suggestion. Shortcuts tab.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 10:39:32 AM »
I think something like this is a good idea.

It's similar to what Only2ndPlace suggested here with "favorites": http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,15636.msg157172.html#msg157172

I've added it to our to-do list, so we'll at least be considering this idea, or otherwise figuring out how to address these issues.

Plutonium

Re: Suggestion. Shortcuts tab.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 02:23:45 AM »
The other suggestion is for different parameters of the same body. I was thinking more of shortcut to different bodies and their parameters. It will be particularly usefull when messing with climate, when one needs to play with star's and planet's parameters. Currently messing with the climate of a planet orbiting a binary system is a pain, specially if one is interested in "exotic" climates or orbits.