Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: No City Lights?  (Read 2836 times)

linktydraad

No City Lights?
« on: September 17, 2015, 11:39:40 AM »
hi there. I have an earth, but the lights at night no longer show. anyone else seeing this problem in their game too??

codefantastic

• I hope these asteroids don't cause trouble
Re: No City Lights?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 05:38:30 AM »
Did you do anything to the planet? (heating,flooding,e.t.c.)

linktydraad

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 02:08:41 AM »
I have the same issue. I've made my planet bigger, and messed with the climate, but I have not flooded Earth or anything like that.

Arian

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 05:08:48 AM »
Sure you have the same issue!
This is the thread you made about it ;)

You probably destroyed earth's civilization and at best they are sitting around campfires now after seeing most of the population get frozen, cooked or broken down under their own weight.
Mankind can handle some climate changes but extremes will take their toll. Increasing the size of a planet is likely to increase its mass as well and people would likely hate to gain weight over night. Those who didn't commit suicide after seeing their recent months of diet only made them 3 times as heavy would probably have a hard time paying the prices at the supermarket (most food is priced based on a per weight basis), let alone getting all the supplies to their homes that would probably be statically unstable (constructions usually rely on calculations for only 1G).
Most of the bigger cities, in particular skyscrapers would have tumbled down, energy needs would have skyrocket on the other hand, so they might have decided to start saving energy by turning off the lights they don't really need.