Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Crashing within 3 minutes of game launch  (Read 3616 times)

MrHH

[SOLVED] Crashing within 3 minutes of game launch
« on: September 15, 2015, 03:51:30 PM »
After the most recent alpha update, my game will always crash about 3 minutes into loading the game. This problem occurs even when I do nothing. When doing something, it'll be working fine then just freeze with the music still running.

I've tried some existing fixes for past versions such as disabling the steam overlay, but nothing seemed to help. The crash and dump logs can be found attached.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:54:58 AM by MrHH »

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: [SUPPORT] Crashing within 3 minutes of game launch
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 03:37:48 PM »
Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for posting your log and crash dump files. I'll pass the info onto the team and we'll look into it.

MrHH

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 10:26:16 PM »
Thank you very much

MrHH

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 08:54:44 AM »
After some digging and issues with another game I have figured out that EVGA Precision X was causing the issue. In CS:GO, I would crashing when joining a game and after reading people with a similar issue it was found to be Precision X was the culprit. After that, I tried doing the same with Universe Sandbox 2 and it was a success.

I'm going to try to update Precision X (Current Version: 5.3.7) or switch to a different utility to prevent this from happening again. Only CS:GO and Universe Sandbox 2 were affected, many more weren't, so it took a bit of time to figure it out.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:59:10 AM by MrHH »

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: [SOLVED] Crashing within 3 minutes of game launch
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 10:49:31 AM »
Ah, thanks for letting us know that it's working now, glad to hear!

We'll keep Precision X on our radar for future issues. Let us know if updating it solves the issue.

MrHH

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 08:15:45 PM »
Upgrading to EVGA Precision X version 5.3.8 has resolved the problem. I have done the performance test many times as that would cause a crash almost instantly before, but now it runs as it should.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 11:09:46 AM »
Awesome. Happy that it was a relatively simple fix.

Thanks for the update.