Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I got city lights again ! !!!!!!!  (Read 4802 times)

Zeron

• I just bought universe sandbox 2 ( 9 17 14 )
I got city lights again ! !!!!!!!
« on: August 30, 2015, 03:42:48 AM »
While making a  system out of the movie Interstellar, I spawned Mann, Miller, Edmunds in the system both Miller and Edmunds got a correct order but something strange was occurring on Mann  this is my second encounter of an exoplanet having city lights and the same conditions were available for it to spawn

1. Black hole or a Super massive star
2. a Main sequence star
3. A small blue star or a puslar in this update, Previous city light encounter had sirius B as its 3rd star...
4. Rocky Planets depending on which would spawn city lights.
5. System should have lots of stars or stuff
6. ( optional ) System has human stuff...
7. ( optional) System is accessible

Zeron

• I just bought universe sandbox 2 ( 9 17 14 )
Re: I got city lights again ! !!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 03:46:37 AM »
Here is my first simulation of the city lighted planet, system is lost due to the beta's inability to save....

posted 2014-12-14

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 09:26:12 PM »
Does it have Earth-structured city lights or random??

BlurryVortices

• There's an "I" in the middle of "Hurricane"
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 01:37:15 AM »
You must be happy...!!!!
City lights on the other planets are evidence that we're not alone in this universe...!!!

Deadpangod3

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 09:57:45 AM »
i got city lights on a planet once aswell, after placing tons of stars then placing planets orbiting them, the stars were light years from reach other, well, most.

the system was a sun-like star, but a giant blue star several light years away looked like the sun from Saturn or Jupiter, i THINK it was still lighting the planet along with its home star, but i dont remember for sure, as it was a couple months ago.

i placed it in the habitable zone aswell but its temp was like over 20 C.
so i would assume a basic requirements for spawning city lights is as follows:

1. A sun-like star (within .17 sun mass as the star was 1.17 sun mass)
2. Backround stars. (not 100% of this)
3. Placed in the habitable zone when created.
4. (possibly) other planets in the system, i created other planets orbiting this star before i placed the planet.

even then i think theres only a chance of it having city lights as it might require the planet to be sort of Earth-like in terms of atmosphere and mass, as i placed several other planets in the same orbit and they didnt gain city lights.
not sure if this matters but i think city lights are decided at placing the planet, so anything after that wont create city lights.

It'd help alot if the developers posted some info of how the game does this.  :D

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 01:17:20 PM »
As of right now I'm pretty sure getting city lights is only a bug...

BlurryVortices

• There's an "I" in the middle of "Hurricane"
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 08:50:14 PM »
i got city lights on a planet once aswell, after placing tons of stars then placing planets orbiting them, the stars were light years from reach other, well, most.

the system was a sun-like star, but a giant blue star several light years away looked like the sun from Saturn or Jupiter, i THINK it was still lighting the planet along with its home star, but i dont remember for sure, as it was a couple months ago.

i placed it in the habitable zone aswell but its temp was like over 20 C.
so i would assume a basic requirements for spawning city lights is as follows:

1. A sun-like star (within .17 sun mass as the star was 1.17 sun mass)
2. Backround stars. (not 100% of this)
3. Placed in the habitable zone when created.
4. (possibly) other planets in the system, i created other planets orbiting this star before i placed the planet.

even then i think theres only a chance of it having city lights as it might require the planet to be sort of Earth-like in terms of atmosphere and mass, as i placed several other planets in the same orbit and they didnt gain city lights.
not sure if this matters but i think city lights are decided at placing the planet, so anything after that wont create city lights.

It'd help alot if the developers posted some info of how the game does this.  :D
It worked...!