Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Suggestions for next update  (Read 4278 times)

ahoop

Suggestions for next update
« on: August 29, 2015, 01:38:54 AM »
1. Procedurally generated city lights (only on planets other than Earth)
2. More whole terrain; all the craters and islands get annoying once there's water to show them all.
3. Day/night skies when viewing from the surface.

I can't think of any more, so if anyone else has their suggestions, leave them in the comments. Start the numbering over and begin your own lists.

codefantastic

• I hope these asteroids don't cause trouble
Re: Suggestions for next update
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 07:49:02 AM »
I very much agree with point 2, but point 1 may be for a later update. It would be cool to have an in-game terraforming tool or something.

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 09:31:52 AM »
This is what I've been waiting for. To make it easy for the developers city lights could be an option to turn on in a planets setting until a future update makes them appear on random suitable planets. The more connected land thing has been bugging me too. The day/night on a planet surface I don't care about at all. It would be cool but I also wouldn't be mad if they never added it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 09:37:35 AM by CarpetCreatures »

ahoop

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 10:43:15 AM »
Eh, I guess I feel the same way about the day/night cycles too. @codefantastic The terraforming tool is a good idea, and I'm not saying it shouldn't be implemented, but I once found a planet creator that let you paint the continents onto it, and I made it look a bit weird. I'm not sure, but I think I'd make US2 planets the same weird way lol

Magnetarhyper4436

• 'HYPER'NOVAE!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 01:33:18 PM »
Currently, the atmosphere and clouds appear as a layer which only can be viewed from the outside and previously in 15.2, clouds would appear on surface mode but was low quality and was flat and when viewed on surface mode looking at another planet with clouds looked very glitchy . And don't forget about the shadows... They were ugly looking up-close (not on surface mode, version 15) because of the diamond squares.

I hope this all changes when the new version comes out.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 06:50:09 PM »
Thanks for sharing your ideas... we'll certainly consider them.