Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [BUG] Gas planets loose lots of heat from a supernova after hydrogen loss  (Read 2477 times)

Unnamed25

• o hai
I was on the solar system and i decided to make the sun collide with one of the Castor starts(don't remember if it was Aa or Ba) and then i checked on neptune to see if it lost mass, i found out it did but i saw that when it lost all its hydrogen, the temperature had instantly dropped from 4700 Celsius down to -200C, then made a smaller star crash into the sun, and the same thing happened but instead it had dropped to 1100C after the hydrogen loss.

After that i made some other tests making sure i was using the same star, and the final temperature varied from 200C to -90C(With castor Ba),then i tested it with Castor Aa and it dropped down to -258C.

This (likely) means that the mass of the stars partly changes by how much the temperature drops, but part of it is also random

--
Also, crashing Regulus into the sun makes the 4 gas planets insantly loose all their hydrogen even before the supernova cloud reaches them and heats them up(it didn't even need to reach jupiter), but even neptune got affected

----
I always explain more than i think i should
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 06:24:24 PM by Unnamed25 »

C7

• Development Team
Re: [BUG] Gas planets loose lots of heat from a supernova after hydrogen loss
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 12:32:22 AM »
Thanks for the report, I'll test the issue. Might be something weird when a planet transitions between a gas giant to something else.