17 (73.9%)
No
0 (0%)
Maybe
6 (26.1%)
IDK
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Suggestions :D  (Read 5451 times)

BlurryVortices

• There's an "I" in the middle of "Hurricane"
Suggestions :D
« on: August 17, 2015, 01:16:34 AM »
Here's some of my ideas for the next US2 Release

- Time Travel add this features so we can see what the simulation would look like in the past or future. like said what the Solar System would look like in 100,000 years from now. Timestep was fine but everytime i increase the timestep everything just slingshoted away from its parent body

- Notifications makes it easier to see what happened in the simulation when you can't see the entire simulation. such as Mars collided with Earth, the Sun goes Supernovae

- Surface Explorations (Might be laggy) made it possible to explore the surface of the planet in Realistic 3D Rendering

- Equatorial rotation velocity in km/s made it possible to see the how fast the rotation of a body in its equator

- Atmospheric compisition made it possible to see the composition of the planet's atmosphere and even edit the composition.

- More Materials like Carbon, Lithium, Neon, Methane, Ammonia, Carbon Monoxide

That's all the suggestions. hope you can do it..! :)

Regards,
Raga Khalif

Unnamed25

• o hai
Re: Suggestions :D
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 03:05:27 PM »
I like all of your suggestions, but the time travel part would either mean than there would be a solar system save for each year/decade passed, or that it would need to generate it in-game and show up a loading screen(like the startup screen one) while the computer simulates the positions, so it doesn't use RAM on the textures and instead completely focus on the orbits themselves. And even with that feature it would likely still take a long time on high timescales(like 100,000 years)

--

The rendering of a surface of a planet would use up tons of RAM because of the textures, AND simulating everything else.

And even if it stopped doing everything just to generate the surface, it would pretty much be Space Engine inside US2 which would likely take a large amount of capacity to download, and of course it would likely also be quite hard to make.

However i am not a computer programmer at all (and obviously not part of the dev team either) so some of the stuff i said may not be 100% true.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 01:17:40 AM »
Good ideas... Although some of those could be multi-year projects.

Expanding the material options and improving the atmospheric composition options are long term features we're working toward.

The Time Travel feature would only be viable with actual Time Travel, as you can only figure out what happens in the future if you simulate out all the intermediate steps, which takes time. And to get good results, you'd want to use a high accuracy which will take more time.

Notifications is something that legacy kind=of did and we've lost in the update. We'll explore that one for sure.

And I just took care of your easiest request: and an editable value for 'Rotation Speed at Equator' will be in the next update on the motion tab (select a body, and open its properties).

Magnetarhyper4436

• 'HYPER'NOVAE!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 01:23:31 AM »
- Time Travel add this features so we can see what the simulation would look like in the past or future. like said what the Solar System would look like in 100,000 years from now. Timestep was fine but everytime i increase the timestep everything just slingshoted away from its parent body
Eveything would have to be on rails, or the simulation would be paused and you could see the earth on a barbecue stick (except it would be wasted because the Sun didn't have time for the earth (insert 'get in my belleh' joke)

- Surface Explorations (Might be laggy) made it possible to explore the surface of the planet in Realistic 3D Rendering
Yay we can explore the grand canyon! Also, we could have the big features of planet show up from space and have the small mountains show up close or on landing mode.

What about a whole periodic table of elements so we can build the planet from different stuff (well Ahem, what is possible in real life. Say for example "a body from Trinitrotoluene with an atmosphere of Nitrogen")

wubbzy301

• I stole a username idea!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 07:22:52 PM »

What about a whole periodic table of elements so we can build the planet from different stuff (well Ahem, what is possible in real life. Say for example "a body from Trinitrotoluene with an atmosphere of Nitrogen")
Great idea!

Magnetarhyper4436

• 'HYPER'NOVAE!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 07:36:38 AM »

Great idea!
Oh And uhm, bombing the planet would explode, if the asteroids are made from oxygen

BlurryVortices

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 08:53:03 AM »
I Love your profile gif Magnetarhyper4436 :P

BlurryVortices

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 12:29:33 AM »
Eveything would have to be on rails, or the simulation would be paused and you could see the earth on a barbecue stick (except it would be wasted because the Sun didn't have time for the earth (insert 'get in my belleh' joke)

Yay we can explore the grand canyon! Also, we could have the big features of planet show up from space and have the small mountains show up close or on landing mode.

Or, a body made out of Gold with an atmosphere of Lithium

Cryo

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 05:48:56 PM »
Good ideas... Although some of those could be multi-year projects.

Expanding the material options and improving the atmospheric composition options are long term features we're working toward.

The Time Travel feature would only be viable with actual Time Travel, as you can only figure out what happens in the future if you simulate out all the intermediate steps, which takes time. And to get good results, you'd want to use a high accuracy which will take more time.

Notifications is something that legacy kind=of did and we've lost in the update. We'll explore that one for sure.

And I just took care of your easiest request: and an editable value for 'Rotation Speed at Equator' will be in the next update on the motion tab (select a body, and open its properties).
This is indeed interesting news...Multi-year?

Jicanfield11

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 01:20:49 AM »

Wow , those are quite interesting suggestions , I think !
I love this idea of a periodic table of elements , would be cool to make planets from different elements .

Magnetarhyper4436

• 'HYPER'NOVAE!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 03:39:57 AM »

Wow , those are quite interesting suggestions , I think !
I love this idea of a periodic table of elements , would be cool to make planets from different elements .

Also, take into my account some other ideas from this post that I have made:http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,15441.0.html