Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Issue on Starting Game  (Read 2486 times)

omegshi147

• Discovering the Universe and beyond
Issue on Starting Game
« on: August 08, 2015, 12:11:35 AM »
I installed Universe Sandbox 2 and was enjoying it for the whole time, until today I had an issue that caused Steam to show that I haven't installed the game. After re-downloading the game under slow internet, it had opened but it was stuck on the "Creating Solar System" screen for the whole time. Even the tips given under Support & Bug Reporting didn't help. I re-downloaded the game three times and it still didn't work. Please tell me how to solve this problem I have with the software I have now

C7

• Development Team
Re: Issue on Starting Game
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 10:50:11 AM »
Hi, sorry for the trouble. Can you please post your log files? Hopefully they'll give us some information about what's happening.

http://universesandbox.com/blog/2014/08/support-us2/#logs

omegshi147

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 04:56:44 AM »
Here is the log file. I had to force quit the program because the file was increasing in size rapidly.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 10:34:47 AM by omegshi147 »

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 01:04:31 PM »
Definitely seems that there's a problem with the installation. We'll go through a complete re-install and see if that helps, there's some files that the Steam auto-removal won't pick up. (Which may have caused your other re-install attempts to not work)

First, we'll manually delete the game's installation folder. Exit Steam if you're currently logged in, and make sure that Universe Sandbox isn't running.

Your installation should be located here, according to your log files.

Users/Promethium/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Universe Sandbox 2/

Just delete the entire folder, and all of its contents.

Next, we need to clear out the player preferences, they're located in the

~/Library/Preferences folder, in a file named unity.[company name].[product name].plist

It should be something like unity.GiantArmy.UniverseSandbox.plist (or close to that) Just delete that entire folder.

From there, restart your computer, load up Steam, and double click on Universe Sandbox 2 in your Steam Library. It should begin to download it again.

omegshi147

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 04:58:42 PM »
Thank you (and the Giant Army) so much for helping me out! Here is 20 dollars for you $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$