Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: stuff burning in planets atmosphere  (Read 3129 times)

dylan

stuff burning in planets atmosphere
« on: August 12, 2015, 01:06:49 PM »
in the next update can you make asteroids burn when they inter a planets atmosphere

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
Re: stuff burning in planets atmosphere
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 07:54:45 PM »
nah

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 08:20:22 AM »
why do you respond to stuff as if you're Giant Army?

Stevodoran

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 10:29:05 AM »

REKT

Seriously though is this even necessary? Time in the game usually runs at days a second so it would be unneeded in my opinion. And how often do you attach to the planets surface after sending an object towards it to see it burn through the atmosphere.

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 11:12:47 AM »

REKT

Seriously though is this even necessary? Time in the game usually runs at days a second so it would be unneeded in my opinion. And how often do you attach to the planets surface after sending an object towards it to see it burn through the atmosphere.

that's why I said "nah"

Greenleaf

• Thomas Grønneløv
  • Development Team
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 11:27:03 AM »
in the next update can you make asteroids burn when they inter a planets atmosphere

Despite what some people seem to think, I can inform you that I have a task named "atmospheric collision" on my board, which is just that. Keep in mind that the simulation can run at very different time scales. Galaxies move on one, planetary orbits another, collisions yet another and objects in atmospheres in yet another still. Adding atmospheric collisions will bring something of interest into the lower time scale.

dylan

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 01:03:08 PM »

Despite what some people seem to think, I can inform you that I have a task named "atmospheric collision" on my board, which is just that. Keep in mind that the simulation can run at very different time scales. Galaxies move on one, planetary orbits another, collisions yet another and objects in atmospheres in yet another still. Adding atmospheric collisions will bring something of interest into the lower time scale.

thanks for telling me that

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 10:58:46 AM »
I'm afraid atmospheric collisions will make collision performance slower. The object will collide both against the atmosphere and the ground.

Cryo

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 12:01:46 PM »
I'm afraid atmospheric collisions will make collision performance slower. The object will collide both against the atmosphere and the ground.
then the Devs can just add a toggle option like with collisions and tidal friction