Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [BUG] Texture/Graphical Bug After Collisions.  (Read 17752 times)

C7

• Development Team
Re: [BUG] Texture/Graphical Bug After Collisions.
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2015, 06:13:17 PM »
Nothing conclusive yet. I've been juggling a bunch of other bugs at the same time. We're in the middle of rewriting a lot of our shaders, and it's on my board to retest fully when they're done.

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2015, 05:47:12 PM »
Finally made some headway on this one. Turns out that Unity has made some changes with ongoing rewrites of OpenGL handling in the engine. I think it's a bug, but if we don't explicitly tell it to include the legacy OpenGL renderer, it crashes to a black screen if you try and call it with the command line force opengl.

I'll change our build settings to include the renderers for the next update.

Illusion

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2015, 12:14:00 AM »
Finally made some headway on this one. Turns out that Unity has made some changes with ongoing rewrites of OpenGL handling in the engine. I think it's a bug, but if we don't explicitly tell it to include the legacy OpenGL renderer, it crashes to a black screen if you try and call it with the command line force opengl.

I'll change our build settings to include the renderers for the next update.

Ok thanks! Will this mean that the issue will be fixed on DirectX, or OpenGL?

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2015, 09:38:26 PM »
We've got the OpenGL issues fixed, so we at least have that to fall back on if needed.

Next thing we're going to look into, is why certain Nvidia cards are having problems with vertex displacement on DirectX. We're rewriting those shaders and upgrading to a new version of Unity engine, hopefully we'll have that resolved soon, or we'll be able to work around the issue on our end.

Illusion

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2015, 12:15:40 AM »
We've got the OpenGL issues fixed, so we at least have that to fall back on if needed.

Next thing we're going to look into, is why certain Nvidia cards are having problems with vertex displacement on DirectX. We're rewriting those shaders and upgrading to a new version of Unity engine, hopefully we'll have that resolved soon, or we'll be able to work around the issue on our end.

Thanks! Sounds good.

newhalo123

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2015, 01:48:39 PM »

Thank you so much for your hard work, I really appreciate your dedication to fixing these issues.