Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Atmosphere disappears when I touch it  (Read 3692 times)

Zeron

• I just bought universe sandbox 2 ( 9 17 14 )
Atmosphere disappears when I touch it
« on: July 18, 2015, 04:38:21 PM »
 :(Is it normal for the atmosphere of a certain planet to disappear when you touch it or go to it, i noticed it when i was riding the new horizons spacecraft to crash it on an exo-planet, I also tried on Earth still I got the same results only the clouds would remain... But if i zoom out the atmosphere of the planet returns? is this a bug that everyone has? or is it up-to-date? or am I the only one who has this? please give me the solution!?

Zeron

Re: Atmosphere disappears when I touch it
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 04:40:49 PM »
:(Is it normal for the atmosphere of a certain planet to disappear when you touch it or go to it, i noticed it when i was riding the new horizons spacecraft to crash it on an exo-planet, I also tried on Earth still I got the same results only the clouds would remain... But if i zoom out the atmosphere of the planet returns? is this a bug that everyone has? or is it up-to-date? or am I the only one who has this? please give me the solution!?

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 09:19:29 AM »
Until recently we were waiting on a bug fix from Unity (the engine we use) so that we could begin making some big changes to the way visuals are handled.

We've now started to implement these changes, and we'll be able to make some major improvements to the atmosphere.

Here's a demonstration video of what Chad has been working on (this isn't in Universe Sandbox ², but it'll give you an idea):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gfFPfgovoY
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 12:05:31 AM by Dan Dixon »

Zeron

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 03:58:03 PM »
WOW Great!

so the bugs I am just encountering right now are temporary? I thought that i was the only one who experiences this

well the update for Atmosphere scattering is a must wait?

which alpha will it be on?

Cryo

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 02:35:54 PM »
using my omnipotent like powers  i predict in alpha 17/18