Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: xBox Controller for Windows  (Read 5824 times)

aWildMaxAppeared

xBox Controller for Windows
« on: July 04, 2015, 09:40:13 AM »
Hello everyone,
I'd like to know if there is a way to customize the controls for my xbox controller in Universe Sandbox2.

I noticed that there is a toggle in the input settings for using a game controller inside the simulations, however the preassigned controls don't work well for me. I also noticed that there is a way to assign keybinds on the keyboard to customize your experience while playing, and a preliminary search yielded no results for customizing the keys on the xbox controller.

So my question is, has anyone figured out how to assign functions to the keys on a third party controller like the xbox controller, and if so how did you do it?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Spartan117jmc

Re: xBox Controller for Windows
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 11:48:37 AM »
With all the gazillions of functions this simulator has i doubt that will ever happen. waay to many buttons and doohickeys

aWildMaxAppeared

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 07:09:04 AM »
I read somewhere that you can program up to 180 functions on an xbox controller with button combos, and scroll through menus should work the same as it does with arrow keys and enter.

No doubt there would be some loss of function somewhere, and it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I don't understand why they put the option in the settings if they had no intention of supporting it.

Is there a Universe Sandbox 2 specific controller this option was intended for?

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 12:35:24 PM »
Sorry it's not working. We added basic support for controllers and in theory the keybinding should recognize your controller input.

It will be some time before we have full controller support.

aWildMaxAppeared

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 06:55:10 AM »
If you're only using the mouse, I have to say you're missing out. There's a lot of keys that streamline a lot of features, like being able to fly through your simulations as a free body, not anchored to something.

I don't actually have a mouse because most of the time I'm able to use the touch screen on my laptop, although with the last update multitouch is no longer supported, so that's frustrating.

Either way I'm glad to know further controller support is at least on the agenda.