Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Atomsphere's Improvement  (Read 3887 times)

BOYCSY

• Typical Uranus jokes.
Atomsphere's Improvement
« on: June 30, 2015, 09:31:40 AM »
So, I think the US2 has brought all the planets to a new level of amazing, but there's just one thing that the team can put effort in it.

The atomsphere! 8)

Let's start with a well-known planet, Venus. Venus is a planet wrapped with a thick atomsphere, it trapped all the heat of the Sun and leads to a serious greenhouse effect. So that's why the atomspheric pressure of Venus is 90 times higher than the Earth. Just a little fact about Venus, nothing too special!

So another example is the Mars. Mars is completely different from the violent, hellish Venus. It's a place of cold and death. Today, Mars's atomsphere is mainly made of a thin, red layer of Carbon Dioxide.

Enough intro, so what I wanted is that the atomsphere thickness can be adjusted by adjusting the Surface Presure/Scale Height(Not sure how it's work, it's locked most of the time  :-[). So now when you are trying to make Venus habitable, it's not a thick layer of atomsphere with weird white clouds above it in Alpha 15. In fact, the Alpha 14 one is much better because you can see the surface and the atomsphere at the same time. So when you 'cleaned' the atomsphere on Venus. You get excatly what it's looked like in Alpha 14. I will love that a lot!  :P

Anyways, just a suggestion. Don't need to take it too seriously. ;)

tepidbread

Re: Atomsphere's Improvement
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 12:15:14 PM »
I second this movement!

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 06:35:46 PM »
Well, they are already talking about atmospheric scattering.
But I don't know much about this.
I prefer the more realistic haze around Venus and Titan, instead of the less realistic view of the surface of both body's.
But I would prefer them to add what you said, but the larger the atmosphere and higher the atmospheric pressure, the more thick and hazy it will be, and the thinner the atmosphere and lower atmospheric pressure, the less think and hazy it will be.

Also don't forget about the materials slider for the atmosphere.
Like the more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere will make the atmosphere more brown or dark.
The more oxygen,  makes it more bullish.
The more ammonia, makes it green.
And so on.

And the same should go for gas planets.

BOYCSY

• Typical Uranus jokes.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 07:47:40 AM »
I agree with you, I think the team should add the CO2 material selection back, and add some more type of gases. A lot of improvement can made with the atomsphere.  :)

Well, since there are so many improvement can be made so I think I will list some of the most important ones.

-Aurora
This should be added to the planets that have magnetosphere, and the colour of it should depends on the gases that formed the atomsphere.

-Texture
Remember in US1 you can actually use your own texture files to cover a planet with it? I think US2 should have this option as well since the users can create their own atomsphere/planet texture. And the team can limit the texture in size/resolution.

-Organic material selection
US2 have a Organic Material Slide Bar, but it seems to ME that it's not functioning too well, I mean there's nothing happened when you added organic particles to the planet, maybe the team can add artificial lights to the planet when the planet have organic materials to shows that there is a civilization exists on the planet after some G Years.

Well then, that's all I can think of, but this sandbox is very amazing to everyone! ;D

Cryo

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 09:48:10 PM »
I think the random planet option replaced that feature