Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Problem with Tidally locked Earth simulation's Climate.  (Read 2869 times)

Plutonium

Problem with Tidally locked Earth simulation's Climate.
« on: June 30, 2015, 02:14:45 AM »
It appears that the sim doesn't care about the changes that the user makes- the "freezing" always starts at Eastern hemisphere even if that is the part facing the Sun.
Here is what I do: load the sim>Pause>Edit: rotate the Earth so Africa faces the Sun>Unpause. The simulation progresses as if nothing was changed.

Spartan117jmc

Re: Problem with Tidally locked Earth simulation's Climate.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 12:09:59 PM »
It is not yet implemented fully. remember. this simulator is at an early stage :)

Plutonium

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 10:46:07 PM »
It is not yet implemented fully. remember. this simulator is at an early stage :)

Thanks for refreshing my memory! Nothing is fully implemented yet, but this is the bug reporting sub-forum and this issue is an important bug/defect in not-yet-fully-imlemented climate feature.

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 03:37:48 AM »
Ah interesting, thanks for the bug report. I have a pretty good idea what's happening to cause that.

We're working on a long term solution to the issues we're having with planetary temperature simulation. Hopefully we'll have more information to share soon.