Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Why do stars shed into a nova remnant at such a low mass?  (Read 2510 times)

Estwald

Why do stars shed into a nova remnant at such a low mass?
« on: June 22, 2015, 01:53:33 PM »
In the real universe, there are many stars that are above 100 solar masses. The biggest known star, R136a1, is 265 solar masses. So why can't I make Jupiter, or anything else, that massive? When I try to make Jupiter 3 solar masses, it becomes a red giant and sheds into a nova remnant before that.

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
Re: Why do stars shed into a nova remnant at such a low mass?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 07:41:23 PM »
In the real universe, there are many stars that are above 100 solar masses. The biggest known star, R136a1, is 265 solar masses. So why can't I make Jupiter, or anything else, that massive? When I try to make Jupiter 3 solar masses, it becomes a red giant and sheds into a nova remnant before that.
Because in the real universe, Jupiter sized objects (nor any other objects)  suddenly become star sized objects.
(I'm sorry, I just had to.)
By anyway, it's probably a bug, or something that the Dev's just haven't got the chance to tend to yet.
They will probably fix it sooner or later.
They just need to rest for now because they deserve it from working for months on such an awesome and large update.