Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Precise camera positioning?  (Read 3053 times)

B-McKinley

Precise camera positioning?
« on: November 13, 2015, 07:41:32 PM »
I'm wondering if it is possible to precisely position the camera in relation to a planet? I want to take a screenshot of one of the planets in my simulation from opposite sides to see if I can use that to start working on a fantasy map in another application.

Related to that, is there any way to control where the camera "lands" on a body or see what the landed coordinates are? Or maybe mark the landing spot so it can be seen from a distance?

Plutonium

Re: Precise camera positioning?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 09:13:14 AM »
Related to that, is there any way to control where the camera "lands" on a body or see what the landed coordinates are? Or maybe mark the landing spot so it can be seen from a distance?

I am also interested in this!! Thanks for bringing it up.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 01:34:15 PM »
Yeah, I've wanted to take screenshots of some of my planets from other planets in the system, but it's nearly impossible to get the planet in the center of the screen without a really low magnification...

B-McKinley

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 08:11:46 AM »
I think I figured out one way to do opposite sides. If you put the planet into edit mode, you can see the different 3D axes. The you just rotate until you've gone through 180 degrees. In the case of rotating around the planet's axis, the blue covers red or red covers blue.