Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Custom galaxy collisions?  (Read 6483 times)

ActuallyImad

Custom galaxy collisions?
« on: June 14, 2015, 05:21:41 AM »
Update: I've managed to do more than stated below now, through New > Galaxies, then just putting 2 galaxies next to each other, but they look NOTHING like the video below, I'll put a 2nd screen shot in of what I'm getting now

I really looked forward to doing some custom galaxy collisions on US2, I never played US 1 so there's a very high chance I just dont know the game well enough, but I was only able to get 2 types of galaxy collision, one was the one in the image below, it always played out exactly the same, with the above galaxy being spread out into a ring and slowly dissipating, which to my knowledge wasnt at all customisable, and the other was 2 very diffuse galaxys with red markers marking different things in the galaxy (I think), but then I went and searched US 2 galaxy collisions and saw much better collisions. What am I missing?

For example, galaxy collisions I've managed to do look nothing like this:

Thanks in advance for any replies :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 08:31:48 AM by Greenleaf »

ActuallyImad

Re: Custom Collisions?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 05:49:10 AM »
Alright I've found how to add galxies to a simulation, but they're all incredibly similar, I don't know if im making a mistake of not. and their structure is so undefined compared to the video in my first post. I've tried upping my graphics quality but it does nearly nothing to galaxy structure, and movement, I get nothing like the sort of motion in the video.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 06:04:42 AM by ActuallyImad »

ActuallyImad

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 06:10:41 AM »
The galaxies in Open > Galaxy Collision look SO much better, but like I said, and showed a picture of, the above galaxy always gets blown into a ring and never really collides

ActuallyImad

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 06:29:29 AM »
150m years in, they're both just gone. In this simulation the galaxies look good, but they dont gravitate towards eachother like in the video.

ActuallyImad

Re: Custom galaxy collisions?
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 02:05:40 AM »
Anyone?

dylan

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 06:59:24 AM »
galaxys are still in work

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 02:01:59 PM »
The pre-made galaxy simulation in the game is an example of upcoming tech that will be added later into the game. Currently, any galaxy you spawn by hand in a simulation shows up as red dots with a hazy cloud. These are not galaxies, they're placeholders, which don't do anything of importance for right now.

I heard a while back that galaxies are going to be very tricky to code for with the current way US² handles computations. I'm sure they'll get it working at some point, but until that happens, we'll have to wait.