Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 15?? Realease=?  (Read 5652 times)

pedro808

15?? Realease=?
« on: May 26, 2015, 03:46:09 AM »
  I am quite giving up of waiting for something to happend. No stable version. No new version 15. I am really disapointed but found space engine i am moving...

its absurd the current state on 14... The load system the bugs + getting really bad fps with a not even 100 planets when paused.

Seems its dead the proyect.

Vektor

Re: 15?? Realease=?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 06:59:46 AM »
It isn't easy to develop a simulation like this.  They're making a whole new physics engine.
Space Engine does not simulate gravity. Things are just generated in stable orbits so that it seems like it does simulate gravity.
Don't get me wrong, I love both programs, but Universe Sandbox is used for some things and Space Engine for others. Sad to see you go.

Prometech

• Official Photographer of the Universe at large
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 01:08:55 PM »
While I personally wouldnt give up on this project, I can understand the frustration. Development in this last update seems to have gotten hung up on something (According to greenleaf; the physics).

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 01:34:27 PM »
The state of Alpha 14 is exactly why we've taken the time to do these major overhauls. We hit a major performance bottleneck with physics being coupled to Unity.

The update is taking a long time for two reasons. First, there's been about 3 years of development time built on top of the old physics framework. So we've needed to go through and update, or rewrite sections of the code to work with the new system. That's been no small task, and has taken more time then we initially estimated.

Second, we can't release while physics work is in progress. The game just isn't playable in that state.

The good news, is that regular development has continued on. In many ways, the new release is more like two updates in one at this point. I hope you'll find the new update was worth the wait.

shadyJ

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 06:41:15 PM »
given the fact that the program is in an Alpha state and has not been technically been released yet, these kind of complaints are absurd. You knowingly purchased an unfinished program in order to help test it out. There was no promise as to a date of completion. It gets done when it gets done, and its better to do it correctly and gradually than to hurry it along and have a sloppy result. I am glad that the development team is taking time to do it right.

Plutonium

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 11:34:47 PM »
...I am quite giving up of waiting for something to happen....... I am really disappointed but found space engine i am moving...

;D man, if you are "really disappointed" with the update schedule of the US, then you'll be "freaking depressed" with SE's update schedule ;D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:42:14 PM by Plutonium »

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 05:31:36 PM »
Seems its dead the project.

I assure you this is not a dead project.

Since Alpha 14 was released we've added an astrophysicist to the team and have been working on Alpha 15 full time.

Add your email address at the bottom of this page:
http://universesandbox.com/2/
... and we'll email you when Alpha 15 is released.

Yumeko

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 12:08:17 AM »
Take your time. I'm sure Alpha 15 will be a blast!