Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Crash every 15 minutes!!  (Read 6473 times)

rafaelfortes

[SOLVED] Crash every 15 minutes!!
« on: May 16, 2015, 11:18:56 PM »
I have this problem on the 14 and 14.1 version, and my friends as well...

The game keep crashing exactly after 15 minutes, no matter what i do in the game, placing planets or doing nothing, just after we click  to open the game, and the crashes are not random, the game always crashes after 15 minutes!
I tested many times and in 4 different hardware and windows!
Tried with Nvidia GPUs and AMD ones, Intel and AMD processors (old and new), still the game crashes in the 14.0 version and 14.1!

Crash logs and DxDiag are on the attachment.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:26:29 AM by Dan Dixon »

Gordon Freeman

Re: Crash every 15 minutes!!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 08:13:21 AM »

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 02:17:33 PM »
Checking out your logs here, there's two things that are causing issues.

The first problem is that you're using an out of date version, which has an known error in the temperature calculations. That error is basically getting spammed to your console and chewing up memory over time. It's been fixed in the latest stable version Alpha 14.1a.

The second issue, is that you're crashing on an access violation. Some of the external .dll files have been modified. You can fix that by doing a clean installation of the game from Steam.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 02:54:27 PM »
To be clear... this is not a problem that you will have if you download the latest version from Steam.

@Gordon Freeman, this is unrelated to the issue you're having.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 09:36:20 AM by Dan Dixon »

rafaelfortes

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 11:43:30 PM »
Thanks for the answers dev team!

I was so worried to get the game on steam cause my friends are getting the same issue where they got the game, and i can say that i was kind of testing the game before getting it on steam, as i have the Universe Sandbox 1 already on steam and enjoyed it and i think this new Universe Sandbox is a must purchase on my steam library!

By the way, do you guys know exactly when it will be available to purchase directly from steam? I'm waiting for this since last year!

C7

• Development Team
Re: [SOLVED] Crash every 15 minutes!!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 01:59:06 PM »
When you buy the game through our site, you will get a fully functioning Steam key.

If you want to go through the Steam store itself, we're aiming to launch on Early Access sometime around summer.