Welcome, Guest

Poll

How would you like future videos to be? (Please don't put more than one vote at each number)

1 - Much longer (> 30 min).
5 (16.1%)
1- Longer (15 - 30 min).
4 (12.9%)
1 - Shorter (< 10 min).
0 (0%)
2 - More quotes.
4 (12.9%)
2 - Less quotes.
3 (9.7%)
3 - Slower quotes.
4 (12.9%)
3 - Faster quotes.
0 (0%)
4 - More statistics/strategic overviews.
8 (25.8%)
5 - They need more varied music.
2 (6.5%)
OR - They're completely fine the way the last one was.
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Map War 2 - G7  (Read 1409260 times)

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
Re: Map War 2 - G3R17T4 (Naru523)
« Reply #1440 on: January 20, 2011, 10:55:49 PM »
u get pwned r18
I has immense sea bases fer your informationz.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
Re: Map War 2 - G3R17T4 (Naru523)
« Reply #1441 on: January 20, 2011, 10:58:56 PM »
Darvince may spend 5 + 116 + 2 + 0 / 5 = 123,0 = 123 resources.

Darvince

• 差不多
Re: Map War 2 - G3R17T5 (Darvince)
« Reply #1442 on: January 20, 2011, 11:12:04 PM »
Sea bases do nuthins for productionz.

alsho, does nue lose all affiliation with teh West Bloc nao?
TRAED WIF NUE ISH IMMINENT

Lol I am small?

Naru523

« Reply #1443 on: January 20, 2011, 11:17:56 PM »
You didn't attack the mainland... pl0x

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #1444 on: January 21, 2011, 06:31:35 AM »
Trade wif Darv is commonent (had to make up a word) lol

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1445 on: January 21, 2011, 06:57:48 AM »
Darvince's conquest of Naru523's extractor results in Darvince getting Naru523's 12 resources.

Bla may spend 5 + 78 + 2 + 225 / 5 = 130,0 = 130 resources.
I spend 128 resources.

NeutronStar may spend 5 + 106 + 117 + 160 / 5 = 260,0 = 260 resources.

Bla

• Global Moderator
Re: Map War 2 - G3R18T2 (NeutronStar)
« Reply #1446 on: January 21, 2011, 08:09:03 AM »
I think central and marginal blocs are more fitting names now... :P

But... >:( >:( >:(
We shall win.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1447 on: January 21, 2011, 09:12:50 AM »
What the f00

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1448 on: January 21, 2011, 09:13:50 AM »
I think central and marginal blocs are more fitting names now... :P

But... >:( >:( >:(
We shall win.

I will nawt let you win. Alsho trade nue pl0x

Also,

106 + 112 = 218 reshaurzes
55 + 64 + 105 = 224 reshaurzes

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1449 on: January 21, 2011, 09:16:18 AM »
Owr twade wif NewtronStar shall alsow wend now!

(Bawt will nawt be appwied before twe next twurn.)

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1450 on: January 21, 2011, 09:17:23 AM »
*waits for Nue to come on*

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1451 on: January 21, 2011, 09:23:49 AM »
106 + 112 = 218 reshaurzes
55 + 64 + 105 = 224 reshaurzes
But Deoxy99 has far more resources stockpiled than your alliance could ever dream of. :P

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1452 on: January 21, 2011, 01:56:30 PM »
Also, Bla, how should I change the rules of this game for a far more active forum? Also I will credit you and a link to this thread when I do that.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1453 on: January 21, 2011, 01:56:54 PM »
Yay for epical resources

Wait I'm ally darvince. Fail. I'll fix my turn when i get home. lol I fail.

Conquer Bla.

Actual size~ This means Bla needs conquered~
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 02:04:02 PM by Darvince »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1454 on: January 21, 2011, 02:01:25 PM »
Also, Bla, how should I change the rules of this game for a far more active forum? Also I will credit you and a link to this thread when I do that.
It's your choise how you want the rules to be. On a far more active forum, you might want to make the turns shorter, maybe 2 days. The thread might be buried quickly if someone forgets to take it's turn. But remember that a larger forum might not automatically mean that more people will join the game. Here we have a small but very active community, and we all know each other well, compared to it being the internet.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1455 on: January 21, 2011, 02:04:57 PM »
No like the activity of minecraftforum.net :P

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1456 on: January 21, 2011, 02:09:44 PM »
Aah... Lol. Whenever someone reminds me of a large forum, I just think of the EA UK forums. An excessive branched tree of categories followed by an endless waterfall of topics in the end. The categories themselves form their own slightly isolated communities.

But, what would you consider changing? Other than the turn length, I don't see anything that'd make it more adapted to larger forums. I can see things that'd make a difference among different communities, as I can imagine that they'd probably just think "so many rules, what a wierd game" and just leave.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1457 on: January 21, 2011, 02:16:38 PM »
I think game 2 was more balanced. Which sections to delete to get to game 2's rules?

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1458 on: January 21, 2011, 02:20:51 PM »
That's a LOT of sections. The most important one is cities, though. And artillery bases probably. Revolutions weren't added in game 2 either, but haven't been used so far. Peaceful exchange of zones wasn't added either.
Here's the old special square guide from game 2:

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1459 on: January 21, 2011, 02:27:34 PM »
Current nations
It is recommended that you choose a national color that is as different from the rest as available.. Post your RGB when founding a nation. Or your hex, but there are online converters for that.

Nations (People will take their turns in this order, use this if the first post isn't updated):
Has national color, but no nation or inactive nation (may jump right into the game at any time):
Barbarian nations (nations without owner that don't grow, but must be conquered to gain land):
NameNational RGBNational colorZones
Barbaria192 192 192Light grey0

Forbidden national colors
000 000 000 (White) cannot be chosen, as it is used for unclaimed zones. You wouldn't want your nation to be unclaimed, would you?
128 128 128 (Grey) cannot be chosen, as it is the color of borders on the map.
192 192 192 (Light grey) cannot be chosen, as it is the color of Barbaria.
255 255 255 (Black) cannot be chosen, as it is used as water.

Politics:
Disabled.

The map (don't edit this, go to the last post):

Number of zones/victory points available: 208

In this game, you may not delete or change the grey borders. You choose a zone you want to start in, and fill it with your chosen, unique national color.
You may only own one nation (= one national color) at a time.

Map War 2 Manual

Table of Content
Growth
Inactivity
Square Symbols
The sea base
The military base
The extractor
How to claim special squares
Blockades
War
Alliances
Strategy
Rule
Trade
Victory Conditions
Victory Points

Growth
When it is your turn, you may claim zones that border your zone(s) (and only the direct borders you have that turn, even if you could claim two zones, you may not claim another zone behind one zone that you claimed during that turn). Your growth depends on how many resources you have:

a = 5 + b + c + d / 5

a = your resources this turn
b = your production
c - your saved resources
d = the total production of the nations you're trading with

Ignore the blue part if you don't trade with anyone (read more about trading below).

So, now you may spend your resources. It costs 5 resources to claim an empty/white zone, it costs 10 zones to claim a zone from another player (can only be done if you are at war).
It is rounded off to the nearest number. 12,49 means 2 zones may be claimed, 12,50 means you may claim 3 etc.
For example, if you have 8 zones and no saved resources nor trades, you receive 5 + 8 + 0 + 0 / 25 = 13 resources, and may claim 13 / 5 = 2,6 = 3 new zones.

Your resources are your unspent production. Every turn, you produce the number of resources that is your production value, and those you don't spend will be saved as your resources.

An example of how you're allowed and how you're not allowed to expand:

The dark red/green nation has 10 resources and is going to claim two new zones, but it's only allowed to expand into the zones that are bordering it directly during a turn. This makes the green turn valid, because both zones, labeled '1', border the original zone, but the red turn invalid, because the zone labeled '2' doesn't border the original zone. You may only take zones that border your current zones directly during a turn.

Inactivity
Everyone have 3 days to take their turn. If they miss their turn, they are considered inactive, and may jump into the game again whenever they want, like people with no nation.

You can also just write in the topic if you don't want to play anymore, or want a break. You will be placed on the inactive list so you can join the game again at any time, but remember that active players still can attack inactive nations.

You can exit the game completely, then your name will be removed from the game, but your nation will still appear in the game as inactive under the rule of barbarians. It will lose all it's associations with you. You can also choose to surrender your nation to another player, in that case, see the 'Surrendering' section.

Remember that inactive nations don't get any resources/income.

Square Symbols
There are some special square symbols in Map War 2, which are meant to create the central gameplay:

The sea base:
The first square, the sea base, simply gives you control of the surrounding water territory. It is conquered normally like any other tile, but it does not increase your production like all land zones do.
The military base:
The second square, the military base, is a defensive structure. Building it makes it cost 20 resources to conquer the zone holding it instead of 10. When the zone is conquered, the military base is destroyed, turning it white. The conqueror can build a new military base the next turn or later in the game if the conqueror wants to, but not the same turn as it is conquered.
The extractor:
The third square, the extractor, increases your production by 5, so you gain 5 extra resources each turn. They are also destroyed if the zone is conquered (turning the square white), and cannot be developed the same turn they are conquered. They are usually in places that are hard to hold, so expect to fight for them! If you lose an extractor to conquest or bombard by artillery, you lose 20 resources (if you have fewer than 20, you just lose those you have). If the zone holding an extractor is conquered, it is destroyed and the one who conquers it gains up to 20 resources from the one who had built it.
If an extractor is conquered or destroyed between the turn it is received from another player and the receiver's turn, no resources are transfered or lost.

How to claim special squares:
You claim the special squares by filling the white space inside them with your national color. They are not automatically claimed when you claim a zone containing them (except the sea base, which counts as the sea territory surrounding it), so you can ignore them, fill the surrounding space and just leave them alone until you want to develop them.

Blockades
If you own a sea base on a water territory that is essential for a trade route between two other players, you can block the trade route, so they won't gain income from it.

In this example, Player 3 could block a trade between Player 1 and Player 2 (assuming they don't have access through different waters).

War
You can declare war on other nations. When you are at war, you can claim the zones of your enemy, but they cost 10 resources to claim instead of 5 (ignoring square symbols), so if you have 40 resources, you could choose to claim 4 enemy zones, 8 normal zones or any combination. If the enemy has developed square symbols and you want to conquer a zone containing it, see the section 'Square symbols' for more details.
The war will start immediately when it is declared, so anyone can declare war just before taking his/her turn.
If you exterminate another player's nation completely, you will gain 50% of it's stored resources.

Alliances
You form pacts with other nations. Mutual defensive pacts, alliances or whatever you want. Remember that players are not bound to follow these pacts, though.

Surrendering
You can also surrender to another player. You cannot start a new nation later in a game if you surrender, then you'll have to wait until a new game starts. If you surrender, you can only jump back into the game by starting a revolution against the player you surrendered to.
You can also choose to let your nation be hijacked by barbarians, passing your nation on the the passive nation of Barbaria. If you choose to do that, you cannot join the same game later on by revolting; you will have to found a nation on unclaimed (white) territory.
Surrendering can also be used to pass on a nation to another player who hasn't had a nation in the current game.
If you surrender to a nation, that nation will have to accept it before it can be done.

Trade:
You can trade with the nations that border your land and all nations with access to the same water (black) as you.

When two nations have agreed to trade, they gain bonuses starting from the next round. When you trade with a nation, a percentage of the production they have is shared (without them losing any production themselves). If you have a nation with a production of 10 and trade with a nation with a production of 20 zones, the following would happen to your growth:
You get a bonus of 20/5 = 4 resources pr. turn.
The other nation gets a bonus of 10/5 = 2 resources pr. turn.

Victory Conditions
There are multiple ways of obtaining victory in Map War 2:
By conquest: You can win simply by having everyone else surrender and exterminate those who don't. Barbarian zones don't count. This will give you victory points from all the zones of the map, and no one else will gain any.
By diplomacy: Everyone can win if everyone can agree to end the game. In that case, the biggest nation (measured in production) will get 1 victory point from each zone it owns, and the rest will gain half a victory point from each zone they own.
By economy: You can also win if you can stockpile 2.500 resources. This will give you victory points from all the zones on the map, and no one else will gain any.

Victory Points
Victory points can be collected by winning games in Map War 2.
Scoreboard:

Videos

Here's my turn (game 1):

Kind of like that? (Except the image change and a few rules)

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1460 on: January 21, 2011, 02:31:17 PM »
There weren't diplomatic or economic victory conditions either, nor victory points. But I suggest keeping everything except the cities and the artillery bases.
Also, extractors only gave +1 resource, costed 4 and didn't result in a loss of resources if destroyed.

But otherwise, yes.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:05:32 PM by Bla »

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1461 on: January 21, 2011, 03:18:15 PM »
How is this for a slightly different map -cities -artillery bases?

Should I distance the two extractors on the large continent?

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1462 on: January 21, 2011, 03:21:30 PM »
I'd say just delete the southern one, or move it to the southeastern coast maybe.
Extractors are meant to be vulnerable, so it's good to get them to border as many zones as possible. They're meant to be fuel for wars.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1463 on: January 21, 2011, 03:24:26 PM »
6 zones border that extractor now.

EDIT: Found a good spot for another one. It borders 8 zones. Moar land zones and yet another extractor. I feel extractor happy right now. :P

Cue the tidal waves! An island has sunk.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:31:29 PM by Darvince »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1464 on: January 21, 2011, 03:25:15 PM »
Looks good. :)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #1465 on: January 21, 2011, 03:53:10 PM »
Yay for epical resources.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1466 on: January 21, 2011, 03:55:20 PM »
zommg declare teh warez

or not

I am putting it up right now... Wish me luck... *cringes*
It's posted now... *double cringe*

There's a 90% chance it'll get buried, though. ALREADY 14 minutes and its halfway buried.

Yep, it get buried. nvm then lol

WHA!?!?!??!?!??!?!? Someone's interested?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 05:22:58 PM by Darvince »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1467 on: January 22, 2011, 01:50:17 AM »
I've just joined. :)
I was wondering if there could be some credit at the top of the post, saying that the game was made by me, maybe... But otherwise it's also okay at the bottom. But that way we could also link to this forum and maybe get more people to join it.

I'm checking NeutronStar's map...
NeutronStar's production has reached... 178... :o

Deoxy99 may spend 5 + 55 + 215 + 281 / 5 = 331,2 = 331 resources.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 02:00:39 AM by Bla »

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1468 on: January 22, 2011, 10:22:59 AM »

No u. He will pwn u.

Naru523

« Reply #1469 on: January 22, 2011, 10:24:35 AM »

No u. He will pwn u.

Bawt then he would get pawn by Bla. In anyway, I didn't see Nue exterminate with the alliance with Bla/Deo yet.