Welcome, Guest

Poll

How would you like future videos to be? (Please don't put more than one vote at each number)

1 - Much longer (> 30 min).
5 (16.1%)
1- Longer (15 - 30 min).
4 (12.9%)
1 - Shorter (< 10 min).
0 (0%)
2 - More quotes.
4 (12.9%)
2 - Less quotes.
3 (9.7%)
3 - Slower quotes.
4 (12.9%)
3 - Faster quotes.
0 (0%)
4 - More statistics/strategic overviews.
8 (25.8%)
5 - They need more varied music.
2 (6.5%)
OR - They're completely fine the way the last one was.
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Map War 2 - G7  (Read 1402093 times)

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
Re: Map War 2 - G2R32T2 (Deoxy99)
« Reply #660 on: December 12, 2010, 09:51:31 AM »
It only costs 10 resources to take a sea base, so if you want to spend more resources, you can do that.

Uh_Mari_Ollis

« Reply #661 on: December 12, 2010, 09:54:59 AM »
May I take over the barbaria zones? (255, 192, 128) Or next game, if there is one?

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #662 on: December 12, 2010, 09:58:39 AM »
May I take over the barbaria zones? (255, 192, 128) Or next game, if there is one?
If it's okay with Deoxy99, you can take control of Barbaria. Otherwise, you must wait until the next game.

So, Deoxy99, is it okay with you that Uh_Mari_Ollis takes control of Barbaria?

deoxy99

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #663 on: December 12, 2010, 10:10:22 AM »
Yes, as long as he allies with me.

Naru523

• let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #664 on: December 12, 2010, 10:11:35 AM »
Yes, as long as he allies with me.

Its a she.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #665 on: December 12, 2010, 10:12:11 AM »
Good, Uh_Mari_Ollis can take control of Barbaria if he/she accepts allying Deoxy99.

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #666 on: December 12, 2010, 10:16:03 AM »
Its a she.
How would I know that without going to her profile page?

The reason I say "he" is because most people on here are boys.

Naru523

« Reply #667 on: December 12, 2010, 10:18:23 AM »
How would I know that without going to her profile page?

The reason I say "he" is because most people on here are boys.

Grr sis signing up.  :'(

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #668 on: December 12, 2010, 10:28:26 AM »
155 resources spent. You can spend 21 resources now.

Naru523

Re: Map War 2 - G2R33T2 (Deoxy99)
« Reply #669 on: December 12, 2010, 10:29:06 AM »
holy shi-

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #670 on: December 12, 2010, 10:30:29 AM »
155 resources spent. You can spend 21 resources now.
I surrender.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #671 on: December 12, 2010, 10:31:13 AM »
Good, so you accept becoming a part of our mighty State?
(This means that I'll win the game.)

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #672 on: December 12, 2010, 10:32:44 AM »
Good, so you accept becoming a part of our mighty State?
Yes.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #673 on: December 12, 2010, 10:34:32 AM »
Okay. This will take some time. I won't update the game right now.

In the meantime, while I'll "upgrade" the game and make a map (Naru523: Have you made one yet? If so, please send it to me or something), I suggest that you discuss what you'd want added, changed etc., and consider the considerlist in the first post.
I might not be able to make a fair system where we can discover continents.

Also, consider:
What resolution do you want the next map to be? Bigger or smaller than the current one?
Do you want more, fewer or about the same amount of zones as in game 2?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 10:52:30 AM by Bla »

Uh_Mari_Ollis

Re: Map War 2 - Preparing for Game 3
« Reply #674 on: December 12, 2010, 11:24:24 AM »
I think... you can only make a continent if you have more than 25 zones?

Naru523

« Reply #675 on: December 12, 2010, 11:26:09 AM »
Here's the same size for Map War 2. Haven't done the squares and sea borders.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #676 on: December 12, 2010, 11:30:52 AM »
Looks good, I think I'll have to make some zones larger though, but maybe we should only enable cities on most zones. So far you might be able to develop cities to four different levels, each giving exponentially larger bonuses and increasing exponentially in costs. Maybe they should also add a slight defensive bonus? Hm. Anyways, they should make you consider whether you just want to focus on expanding your land to get many zones and more land to develop, or focus on developing your current land, which will increase your production faster. This also gives you more to do later in the game, or if you're locked. I think this is going to be very interesting!

And oh wait, we could also make it so different zones have different caps on city development. A few zones could have cities with 4 stages, most could have maybe 2 or 3 stages. Maybe even a few ones with 5 levels? What do you think?

But how big do you people want the resolution of the map to be? Bigger? Smaller?
I could use Naru523's map as a part of it, or some parts of Naru523's map, etc.

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #677 on: December 12, 2010, 11:32:22 AM »
Looks good, I think I'll have to make some zones larger though, but maybe we should only enable cities on most zones. So far you might be able to develop cities to four different levels, each giving exponentially larger bonuses and increasing exponentially in costs. Maybe they should also add a slight defensive bonus? Hm. Anyways, they should make you consider whether you just want to focus on expanding your land to get many zones and more land to develop, or focus on developing your current land, which will increase your production faster. This also gives you more to do later in the game, or if you're locked. I think this is going to be very interesting!

But how big do you people want the resolution of the map to be? Bigger? Smaller?
I could use Naru523's map as a part of it, or some parts of Naru523's map, etc.
I think I will not play anymore because you are getting to complex.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #678 on: December 12, 2010, 11:33:08 AM »
I'll just help you play it. And I'll also make some pictures explaining the new stuff. :)

I think... you can only make a continent if you have more than 25 zones?
Can you clarify this? You can't make continents in the game, only claim and develop them.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 11:51:14 AM by Bla »

Uh_Mari_Ollis

« Reply #679 on: December 12, 2010, 12:08:04 PM »
If you make a continent, it is off limits for 1 turn, and then afterwards, it is open game, but only expanding the map by up to 200 pixels in any direction.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #680 on: December 12, 2010, 12:18:36 PM »
Okay. But still, I don't like the idea of changing the map after it has been released - I could just change it in my favor, and the borders of the map would also have to be edited, at least blocking the west/east passage until the whole map is discovered. I think I'll leave out discovering continents.
Here is the new square symbol btw, extractors will be changed and artillery bases and cities added:

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #681 on: December 12, 2010, 12:43:35 PM »
Oh shi-

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #682 on: December 12, 2010, 12:46:19 PM »
And here's my just finished description of them. There may seem to be a lot of rules, and there is, but just rememer that you don't have to learn them. I can help you take your turns, and if you're confused about something, you should be able to look up that small part in the rules. That's what they're for.

Square symbols
The sea base:
The first square, the sea base, simply gives you control of the surrounding water territory. It is conquered normally like any other tile, but it does not increase your production like all land zones do.
The military base:
The second square, the military base, is a defensive structure. Building it makes it cost 20 resources to conquer the zone holding it instead of 10. When the zone is conquered, the military base is destroyed, turning it white. The conqueror can build a new military base the next turn or later in the game if the conqueror wants to, but not the same turn as it is conquered.
The extractor:
The third square, the extractor, increases your production by 5, so you gain 5 extra resource each turn. They are also destroyed if the zone is conquered (turning the square white), and cannot be developed the same turn they are conquered. They are usually in places that are hard to hold, so expect to fight for them!
The artillery base:
If this square is developed, it allows you to bombard distant hostile military bases, extractors, artillery bases or even cities. Bombarding an enemy square costs only 5 resources, but the artillery base cannot be used to conquer bases. Bombarding a military base/extractor/artillery base turns the field inside the square white, but the zone it is on remains the same. Bombarding cities turns the highest developed layer white. You cannot destroy multiple layers of a city in a single turn.
How far can the artillery base bombard? - Round 1-15, it can bombard only the neighboring zones. Round 16-25, it can bombard up to 2 zones away. Round 26-30, up to 3 zones away. Round 31-35, up to 4 zones away. Round 36-40, up to 5 zones away. Round 41-45, up to 7 zones away. Round 46-50, up to 10 zones away. From round 50, it can bombard any zone in the game!
The city:
The city is a special square symbol. It exists on most zones and has different levels of development and different caps than each other. The city is meant to give you a continuum of focus between your infrastructure and your amount of land. It is cheaper to develop cities than land, comparing the amount of resources you get, but you also risk running out of land to develop if you leave it all for the rest of the nations, and cities are vulnerable to artillery as well.
Cities can be developed to different levels (each level's cost and bonus is seperate):
No city - all square levels are white, the zone behaves as any other land zone with no square symbol.
Hamlet - The lowest level of the city is developed (filled with your national color). Developing this costs 4 resources and increases your production by 1.
Village - The two lowest levels of the city are developed. This second level costs 7 resources, increases your production by 2 and makes the zone holding it cost 12 resources to conquer.
Town - The three lowest levels of the city are developed. This level costs 13 resources, increases your production by 4 and makes the zone holding it cost 15 resources to conquer.
City - The fourth lowest levels of the city are developed. This level costs 25 resources, increases your production by 8 and makes the zone holding it cost 20 resources to conquer.
Metropolis - The five lowest levels of the city are developed. This level costs 50 resources, increases your production by 20 and makes the zone holding it cost 40 resources to conquer.
If a zone holding a city is conquered, the highest level is destroyed (turned white), but the levels below can be kept by the conqueror.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #683 on: December 12, 2010, 01:21:33 PM »
Bla, I like the city defense and resources bonus thing!

Btw: AWEOSME VID!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 02:25:40 PM by NeutronStar »

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #684 on: December 12, 2010, 03:29:29 PM »
By economy: You can also win if you can stockpile 2.500 resources. This will give you victory points from all the zones on the map, and no one else will gain any.
2.500? Please change that to 2,500 (EU: 2.500)

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #685 on: December 12, 2010, 10:52:17 PM »
EU isn't the only one who uses decimal marks that way... (And GB is a part of EU, but uses commas to seperate bits of numbers).

But if it matters, I'll just remove the seperation.
Bla, I like the city defense and resources bonus thing!

Btw: AWEOSME VID!
Thanks. :)

Update: The first post is fighting with the symbol cap of 20 000 characters... I'll move the considerlist here, as everything on it has been considered for game 3 now.

Considerlist
Artillery/aircraft squares (from turn X, artillery is enabled, so they can destroy enemy squares developed within a radius of Y, from turn Z, they turn into aircraft squares, so they can invade those squares from a distance). - Artillery squares done. The aircraft part isn't planned to be implemented.
City squares which can be developed to different levels. - Done.
Discovering parts of maps mechanic. - Probably won't happen.
Economic victory condition (own X resources to win). - Done.
Diplomatic victory condition. - Done.
Pillaging (defeating a nation gives you X% of it's stored resources). - Done.
More valuable extractors (increasing the bonus they give). - Done.
Dividing square zones into multiple squares, so they can be developed to multiple levels, and only one level pr. turn developed/destroyed. - Done with cities, the rest are planned to stay as they are.
Risky extractors: They also work as storages, resulting in a loss of resources if conquered or destroyed (by artillery). - Done.
Penalty from losing zones in conquest: Losing a zone would make the enemy steal X resources, certainly not more than 4. - Not planned to be implemented.
Zone trading system: You should be able to buy or sell zones. - Done.
Occupation: How can we make a system so that players can occupy zones for a cheaper price and annex them later if they want (with a penalty as well), rather than just conquering them? - Not planned to be implemented.
Defense against artillery: Is artillery too powerful? I think it's realistic, essentially making a nuclear war possible in the late game, but we could also have defensive systems against artillery. How should this work, if it should be implemented? - Not planned to be implemented, unless someone else wants it.

By the way, NeutronStar, I think you'll like the section "Peaceful exchange of zones". :P
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:08:28 AM by Bla »

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #686 on: December 13, 2010, 10:11:08 AM »
EU isn't the only one who uses decimal marks that way... (And GB is a part of EU, but uses commas to seperate bits of numbers).
I said Europe.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #687 on: December 13, 2010, 10:31:30 AM »
You meant Europe, anyways, the same goes for Europe (btw my EU could also be replaced by Europe in that context). But never mind, there's no reason to discuss that. I think everyone understand what it says, as resources are rounded off, the two zeros after 5 would be useless if it were a decimal mark, and because 2.5/2,5 resources would make you win simply by joining the game.

But, I'll start making the map if nobody has anything to say about the size. Then I'll make it 500∙1000 pixels.

Edit: Edited from Naru523's map, this will be the one we'll use, when I've placed the rest of the symbols, hopefully tomorrow. Time to complain if there's something you want changed before we start. :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:10:26 PM by Bla »

Naru523

« Reply #688 on: December 13, 2010, 03:44:41 PM »
You meant Europe, anyways, the same goes for Europe (btw my EU could also be replaced by Europe in that context). But never mind, there's no reason to discuss that. I think everyone understand what it says, as resources are rounded off, the two zeros after 5 would be useless if it were a decimal mark, and because 2.5/2,5 resources would make you win simply by joining the game.

But, I'll start making the map if nobody has anything to say about the size. Then I'll make it 500∙1000 pixels.

Edit: Edited from Naru523's map, this will be the one we'll use, when I've placed the rest of the symbols, hopefully tomorrow. Time to complain if there's something you want changed before we start. :)

Looks good.  :)

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #689 on: December 13, 2010, 04:42:35 PM »
>:] <sarcasm>That looks terrible! Redo it all! And, there's too few continents, and not a big enough size! </sarcasm>

No, it's actually a good change from Game 1 and 2.