Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Opening Galaxy Collision Crash  (Read 5074 times)

Sobek520

Opening Galaxy Collision Crash
« on: February 10, 2015, 07:56:10 PM »
Before the recent update the galaxy collision simulation worked fine, but after the update the game crashes when i try to open it.

creeperz1211

• Hi?
Re: Opening Galaxy Collision Crash
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 09:21:49 PM »
That happened to me too when opening supernova in galaxy. Its generating so many particles and effects the game can't handle it. Don't worry, Chad has found this issue's source in my files and will have it fixed (hopefully in alpha 13.2 if there is one but it might be fixed in alpha 14 if there is no alpha 13.2).

Sobek520

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 01:41:48 AM »
Glad to hear it :)

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 01:45:37 AM »
This one in specific may be a different bug. I suspect some bad data is getting passed to Physics in this case. I've added more protection to prevent the buffers from getting bad data written into them. So that may fix it.

Just to be sure, I'll go over this with Thomas to see where it could be happening. Ideally we'd handle such cases gracefully, instead of a crash.

It's looking like we're going to have some pretty major overhauls going in for this round of bugfixes. Next update is likely going to be Alpha 14.

Sobek520

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 04:53:07 PM »
Also I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but when i try to change the lock from the age of any type of star to something else and then close the object window, the lock always changes back to locking the age of the star, and i was wondering why.

Plutonium

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 01:08:06 AM »
... the game crashes when i try to open it.

I also have this issue.

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 11:13:16 AM »
Thanks for the additional logs, we need as much data as we can get to track this one down.

robinhood752

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 08:26:53 PM »
Probably having same/similar problem, on my laptop game crashes when I load "Galaxy Collision" or "Supernova in Galaxy", but not happening in "Galaxy Collision Hi-res" or any Galaxy related simulation, even "Galaxy Collision" in other tests category works fine, problem does not persist on my PC.

arsenic

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2015, 01:11:24 AM »
Happened to me too, adding data.

Plutonium

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2015, 11:30:28 PM »
Probably having same/similar problem, on my laptop game crashes when I load "Galaxy Collision" or "Supernova in Galaxy", but not happening in "Galaxy Collision Hi-res" or any Galaxy related simulation, even "Galaxy Collision" in other tests category works fine, problem does not persist on my PC.

If it helps- mine is a laptop.

chris---

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 01:21:08 PM »
Happens to me also everytime with "supernova in galaxy" in alpha 14.1a.