Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Saved Files Don't Save Properly  (Read 4580 times)

Quizer9O8

Saved Files Don't Save Properly
« on: February 10, 2015, 12:21:54 AM »
Whenever I'm saving one of my new made systems and re-open them again, everything is turned in a black hole or inside of it. Btw it doesn't save the background colors too.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: Saved Files Don't Save Properly
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 12:42:21 PM »
Due to some of the big changes we've made, it seems Save & Load isn't working so well in 13.1.

In short, saving and loading will be a bit unstable while we're still in alpha, as we continue to make changes to the base code.

It may help if you send us your log file. Try loading your saved file then clicking the Feedback star in the top right corner. Mention Save/Load issues in the comment box and make sure "Log file" is checked. Thanks!

undormant

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 07:27:35 AM »
I've running Universe Sandbox 2 via Steam which I paid for, but when I open a saved sim it opens a black star covered sky with 'universe sandbox' at the top with the 2 missing, saying I should upgrade to and that I am running the free version!

R :)

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 01:39:11 PM »
If you have Universe Sandbox 1 installed on your computer, it will be associated to the save files that Universe Sandbox ² creates. So if you double click on them in the browser, it will launch Universe Sandbox 1 and not be able to understand the format of the save from Universe Sandbox ². Which, gives you a blank screen.

To open a save from Universe Sandbox ², you need to launch the game and then use the home menu to select open simulation, and then go to the tab "My Sims" they should be listed there.

Though, I will mention that the saves are currently broken in Alpha 13.1 due, to some major code restructuring we're going through. We'll hopefully have the saves up and running again soon.

The warning you're seeing is from the free "demo" copy of Universe Sandbox 1 that is apparently on your computer.

undormant

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 05:32:11 AM »
Thanks for replying I will uninstall Sandbox Universe 1.

I look forward to the save feature being restored otherwise!

Any idea of a time frame for this?

R :)

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 02:19:39 AM »
Really hard to put a time frame on it. We try to balance keeping it working, against it slowing us down when we're making changes that will just break it again anyways.

It's a bit tricky when you're dealing with persistence on something that is undergoing rapid change. All I can say, is that it will get more stable and break less often as we move from Alpha to Beta phase of development.