Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [FIXED]Both colliders disappear when doing slow collision, also NaN errors.  (Read 2767 times)

smjjames

I had this in Alpha 13 as well.

To reproduce:
1. Load the earth and moon grazing H collision sim (start paused)
2. Turn on tidal heating and orbit evolution.
3. Slow down timestep a bit (slow enough to stop shortly before collision), wait until close to collision, then set to ~10sec/sec
4. Unpause and watch vanishing planet and moon.

I've also had some cases where Ubox just outright freezes and goes not responding and has the same "Invalid Temperature setting! NaN" errors.

Edit: And again with the bombardment of Earth sim, this time with it freezing up. This bug makes the game absolutely unplayable for me and I can't report the freeze up in the normal way.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 07:55:12 AM by smjjames »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
lol same

C7

• Development Team
Thanks for reporting this. I'll look into the issue.

Just to clarify, does this happen with the tidal heating off? That feature is still in progress, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the source of the NaN warnings.

smjjames

It still happens with tidal heating off and in the earth bombardment sim and colliding with timestep at around 10sec/sec.

Edit: With both tidal heating and tidal evolution off, it seems fine.

Just tried turning on tidal evolution while some impacts were going on and BAM, it instantly froze and the planet disappeared.

Huh, with tidal heating on, it works fine.

And I'm also getting it when I run the earth solar system (create tab) at the default speed with tidal evolution on.

I'm also noticing that turning tidal evolution forces all of the orbits to display, not sure if that in itself is a bug or not.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 08:02:08 AM by smjjames »

C7

• Development Team
Thanks for the information smjjames. I'll start testing here to see if I can reproduce it. Glad to have logs and reproduction steps, makes this a lot easier on us :)

smjjames

I can confirm that this is fixed.

C7

• Development Team
Great, thanks for the follow up :)