Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Multiplayer?  (Read 8707 times)

Coolman1220

• i leik kittez :3
Multiplayer?
« on: February 06, 2015, 05:47:39 PM »
I know this is a sim, but what about multiplayer?

Here's how it could work:
"Players" would have a model of a spaceman or whatever, and the planets they put down would have a little aura of the color of their choosing. People could build galaxies together.

Like I said, this is a simulator, but I feel like a lot of people would like a feature like this.
I would, at least...

BlackMane

• this account has seen all of my cringe phases oof
Re: Multiplayer?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 07:37:03 PM »
Hmm...Does not sound very practical but It would be neat to have something like this.

smjjames

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 07:39:10 AM »
It would have to be in the form of a succession game type thing since I don't see any way for live multiplayer to be in.

By succession game, I mean someone does something (or a bunch of things), saves, puts it up for the next persons turn, the second person does whatever and then posts it up when they're done, then player three goes, and so on.

There are variants like limited number actions or limited time, but that's the most basic structure.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:43:34 AM by smjjames »

kallisti

• I'm trying.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 09:09:42 AM »
How about asteroid war? Each player has a solar system with an asteroid field from which they can grab "ammo" and shoot at each other's planets. The one with any planets left, wins. :)

smjjames

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 09:51:56 AM »
How about asteroid war? Each player has a solar system with an asteroid field from which they can grab "ammo" and shoot at each other's planets. The one with any planets left, wins. :)

I can see a turn based style of that one going. Turn based as in people take turns.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 10:34:24 AM »
but of course you'd have to wait until this was actually released

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 06:32:49 PM »
"Players" would have a model of a spaceman or whatever, and the planets they put down would have a little aura of the color of their choosing. People could build galaxies together.
I was thinking the same thing, before you posted this topic.
but theres one problem that no one has thought about:
what about people creating massive objects and throwing them at other peoples systems. BUT THE UPDATE WOULD STILL BE AWESOME

smjjames

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 08:34:19 PM »
I was thinking the same thing, before you posted this topic.
but theres one problem that no one has thought about:
what about people creating massive objects and throwing them at other peoples systems. BUT THE UPDATE WOULD STILL BE AWESOME

Unless that's the point of whatever game is going on, but yeah you're right, griefers gonna grief.

Max392

• Chappie is best.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 07:24:48 AM »
mmh Multiplayer should good ;)

Haxor1337

• BUMPER CARS!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 07:06:36 AM »
Local multiplayer, please . Massive multiplayer, not so sure, the game will drop 2 5fps

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 11:04:42 AM »
Bad idea. Too many rats on the internet.

creeperz1211

• Hi?
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 04:44:37 PM »
...Too many rats on the internet.
So? I have always had to put up with rats on the internet. If there was voice chat, when someone was swearing their head off, you could just mute them. Problem solved.

JayPix2012

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 11:32:27 PM »
I see trolling in the future if there's Multiplayer. OH HELL NO!

raxo2222

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 02:37:33 PM »
*puts black hole that has mass of 1000 universes*

Sorry but multiplayer won't work.

BrandCollision

• I am a major fanboy of space games :)
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2015, 09:50:14 PM »

That wouldnt work, because the astroids acully GIVE mass to the planet

DiamondMiner10

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 09:32:34 PM »
Bad idea. Too many rats on the internet.
Maybe you should be able to set up "servers" where only your steam friends can join. They could have usernames and a little bright thingy to show where they are.

Lord DC

• Omnitae - Leader of Omnipotencia
    • Steam profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 01:17:58 PM »
Maybe you should be able to set up "servers" where only your steam friends can join. They could have usernames and a little bright thingy to show where they are.

Sounds like a good idea. Would be fun to build with other people.

JayPix2012

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 01:41:42 PM »
I'll give it a try, BUT NO TROLLS!

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 09:24:23 PM »
Universe Sandbox is already a bit like Minecraft; we don't need people getting kicked from a nine year old's group for "Black hole hacking"

And aren't servers pricey to maintain?

DiamondMiner10

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 12:45:11 AM »
Universe Sandbox is already a bit like Minecraft; we don't need people getting kicked from a nine year old's group for "Black hole hacking"

Not really. I did not really mean servers, just small connections between players. It would not be expensive because it would be like chatting to another person. The "server" that you are on does not take money to run, it is just connecting to another player.

Haxor1337

• BUMPER CARS!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2015, 05:57:12 AM »

Not really. I did not really mean servers, just small connections between players. It would not be expensive because it would be like chatting to another person. The "server" that you are on does not take money to run, it is just connecting to another player.
local servers?

DiamondMiner10

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2015, 08:33:20 PM »

I guess you could put it that way.
local servers?

Haxor1337

• BUMPER CARS!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2015, 06:30:35 AM »

I guess you could put it that way.
local servers?
bruh, why is your reply in my quote

apa.minds

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 06:49:39 PM »
Forgetting something? ?

People are going to start 'battles' with each other :(

Beast

• US2 was well worth my 25 bucks, baby.
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2015, 03:09:56 PM »
In my opinion, this idea sort of defeats the purpose of the game. Universe Sandbox 2 is an outer space simulator, not a multiplayer game where players can enter combat and fights.