Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [BUG]Universe Sandbox 2 crashes when launching supernova simulations.  (Read 4536 times)

creeperz1211

• Hi?
I was enjoying alpha 13 and went to a supernova simulation and my game crashed! I have attached the output log so the devs can read it and give feedback

C7

• Development Team
Re: [BUG]Universe Sandbox 2 crashes when launching supernova simulations.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 06:07:21 PM »
Checking in the logs, it seems it dumped out a full crash dump. It would be useful if you could send us that as well.

-How to locate your crash dump files-

You can find them in the locations listed below.

On Windows, the crash dump files are located in the installation folder for Universe Sandbox ². They are typically in folders named with the data the crash occurred. If you see any of these folders, we need the entire contents, there should be advanced log files as well as a .dmp crashdump file.

On a Mac, these files will be located in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports.

If you need help finding your installation directory, Steam provides a useful shortcut.

If you right click on the Game in your Steam Library, select Properties, and then go to the Local Files tab. Then click "Browse Local files" this will open up the file explorer at the correct location for you.

creeperz1211

• Hi?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 06:53:05 PM »
After fighting with my computer to stop being a pain in the ass (Its slow), I have found and attached crash.dmp. I think its the game because the supernova sims worked before on older alpha versions

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 10:31:54 AM »
There are other files in the same folder as the crash dump, I can see what happened from the cash dump file, but not where.

If you can provide the rest of the contents of the folder you found the crash file in, it would be really helpful!

Thanks

creeperz1211

• Hi?
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 11:17:57 PM »
I have attached error.log and report.ini form the latest crash. It only crashes when I launch supernova in galaxy, maybe my game might have run out of memory but im not too sure

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 12:44:05 PM »
We've found the source of this, and will have a fix in the next version of Universe Sandbox.

creeperz1211

• Hi?
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 01:59:29 PM »
Great! Thanks alot.