Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [Bug] New... Simulation doesn't work in Alpha 13  (Read 5594 times)

karaoglan43

• Turkish Tester
[Bug] New... Simulation doesn't work in Alpha 13
« on: February 06, 2015, 12:40:12 AM »
I open the game with a new update that everything ran smoothly but the ' ' new ' ' gives error when I click on the game
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 03:58:18 AM by Dan Dixon »

C7

• Development Team
Re: New Uptade Error
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 02:55:44 AM »
Can you give us some more information? When exactly does the game crash? Is it when you load a Sim, or does the game not start at all?

It would be very useful if you could post your error logs, or crash dump files. So we can try to find the source of the problem.

For more information, please refer to this topic. Which lists all the locations of the logs and crash files.

http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,12458.0.html

If the game is currently unplayable, you can tell Steam to load a previous version of the game, at least until we can find the source of your problem.

1 - Right click on Universe Sandbox ² in your Steam Library and click 'Properties'.
2 - Click on the 'BETAS' tab, and then select the last working version from the drop down list. (if you don't see this option, try restarting Steam)

karaoglan43

• Turkish Tester
Re: [Bug] New... Simulation doesn't work in Alpha 13
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 04:23:38 AM »

I can't see alpha 13 WHY?

smjjames

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 06:35:28 AM »
Try opting out from the betas and running cache check in steam, that apparently cleared it for me since I had the alpha 13 preview on there previously. I didn't actually try to run the game while it was like that, so, I don't know if it's exactly the same problem.

karaoglan43

• Turkish Tester
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 07:28:14 AM »

The Problem still continues

Carolus_Rex

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 10:08:28 AM »
I figured I'd post this here considering the relevancy.. The update runs very smoothly BTW (great job!), but when I try to start a blank sim by clicking "New..." the game freezes up and stops responding.

Lord DC

• Omnitae - Leader of Omnipotencia
    • Steam profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 01:07:29 PM »
perhaps just load a near-empty simulation like Earth And moon and deleting the bodies. It's the same thing.

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 01:13:10 PM »
The first option is Alpha 13 - (Beta programlarina katilma)

I was saying that you could try the previous stable version 12.1, if you're unable to use 13. Until we are able to find a solution for the problem.

As Lord DC said, you can also open up a simple simulation like Earth and moon, and delete both bodies, as a workaround to getting a blank simulation.

To everyone having this issue, we really need the crash dump files.

You can find them in the locations listed below.

On Windows, the crash dump files are located in the installation folder for Universe Sandbox ². They are typically in folders named with the data the crash occurred. If you see any of these folders, we need the entire contents, there should be advanced log files as well as a .dmp crashdump file.

On a Mac, these files will be located in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports.

If you need help finding your installation directory, Steam provides a useful shortcut.

If you right click on the Game in your Steam Library, select Properties, and then go to the Local Files tab. Then click "Browse Local files" this will open up the file explorer at the correct location for you.

Quizer9O8

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 02:24:48 PM »
I open the game with a new update that everything ran smoothly but the ' ' new ' ' gives error when I click on the game

Same like you...

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 03:31:34 PM »
We are going to be releasing a new update soon. That will include detailed logging of our simulation startup and initialization process. As well as a few improvements and fixes that may have been the cause of the issue.

We've been unable to reproduce the issue here on any of our test machines, so if the problem persists, please send us these updated logs when the update is released.

Thank you!

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 03:36:30 AM »
Alpha 13.1 is out. You may need to restart Steam to get the update. Please let us know if we've solved this issues for you.

Carolus_Rex

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 11:53:41 AM »
The "New..." does work now, thank you very much! ^_^