Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Performance down by 2/3 (Solved)  (Read 2810 times)

bsmfs

Performance down by 2/3 (Solved)
« on: February 07, 2015, 06:08:13 AM »
No idea why but my performance test results are really shocking. previous versions was as high as 110. the latest version is in the 30's. 
system

i7 4770k
8g ram
2x gtx760

changing compute device or intergrators makes little difference. Any idea why performance has dropped by such a large margin. Anything in the log that stands out?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:30:22 PM by bsmfs »

C7

• Development Team
Re: Performance down by 2/3
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 12:27:49 PM »
Taking a look at your logs, we're not detecting your I7 as a compute device, checking the performance data I have here, you should get a large boost in performance, by using that instead.

To add support for your processor as a compute device, you can install AMD's APP (Accelerated Parallel Processing), which works great on Intel processors.

I'd recommend 2.9.1, which is the current stable version.

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/opencl-zone/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/

If you could, please run a performance test and send in a feedback message with the note, Atten : C7 in the comments section. Before the installation, and after, if you don't mind! It would be good to have some concrete comparative data.

Thanks!

bsmfs

Re: Performance down by 2/3 (Solved)
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 03:28:46 PM »
Thanks C7. Installed the AMD APP SDK from the link you provided. I see now it recognizes the cpu by name. selecting the named cpu doubles performance with a score in the 60's. Sent feedback of before and after results as requested.
Thanks.

C7

• Development Team
Re: Performance down by 2/3 (Solved)
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 04:05:53 PM »
Thanks, this data is really useful for us tracking down bottlenecks in performance.

I'm glad it's running better for you now.