Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Performance  (Read 2484 times)

maxrz

Performance
« on: February 01, 2015, 02:30:18 PM »
I do have a lot of problems with the performance I can't even open our solar system without lags until I deleted the dust is my quadro FX 3800m not good enough?

Unnamed25

• o hai
Re: Performance
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 03:39:42 PM »
How much RAM do you have?

maxrz

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 11:21:30 PM »
1 GB graphic and 16 GB ram

maxrz

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 10:46:02 AM »
I do have 95 fps after i deleted the dust in the solar system but when i start it i only have 6 or even less fps

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 03:21:48 PM »
We're working on some major changes for performance. The first parts are going in with Alpha 13, that focuses on the performance of the integrator itself. Which is how fast and how accurately it can advance time in a simulation.

We're also working on the second portion, which is ensuring we maintain a good frame rate, even when the physics engine takes a long time to solve. That's being worked on currently and may come in Alpha 14.

Long term, we're looking at some structural changes that will free the rendering and the physics from executing sequentially. That's a bit more of an undertaking though, and may take a while. (Several updates)

TLDR : Performance is really important to us, and we have a multi-step plan to improve it over time during the Alpha phase of development.