Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: crash at start up  (Read 7543 times)

xfahctor

crash at start up
« on: December 14, 2008, 06:22:08 PM »
I have .net installed as well as direct x, latest version of both. Running XP service pack 3, latest updates.
 I installed the program and tried to run it. It crashes on start up, but first offers me the oportunity to restart in safe mode, but even that doesn't work. any thoughts?

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: crash at start up
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 02:48:11 PM »
I'm sorry you're having a problem.

- Has Universe Sandbox ever worked for you?
- Did you upgrade and are now having problems?

Universe Sandbox writes out log files that should help determine the cause of the problem. They are located in:
My Documents\Universe Sandbox\Logs

There should be two text files. Could you send me these files? Email them to me here:
support at universesandbox.com

The log files should help me determine why Universe Sandbox is not working for you.

In the mean time you can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the program:

To Uninstall:
1 - Click on the Start button on your taskbar.
2 - Open the Control Panel.
3 - Open Add or Remove Programs.
4 - Find Universe Sandbox in the list, select it, and then click the Remove button.

To Reinstall:
Visit the download page and download one of the setup files:
http://universesandbox.com/download/

If you try this please let me know if this corrects your problem or if you continue to have trouble. I'm very confident we can overcome this problem.

xfahctor

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 01:50:11 PM »
The problem was the video card. I have it running on another computer and it seems to be doing fine now. My next question. I just made an order through paypal. So now how do I get the trial version to become a full version?

xfahctor

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 01:58:18 PM »
ok, again, figured it out. Sorry so cheap on the license, I don't dislike the program, I'm just dirt poor.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 06:01:38 PM »
No worries... That's exactly why I let everyone choose their own price so that you can still purchase a copy regardless of your financial situation.

Thanks for the purchase.