Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Planet Colonization  (Read 5890 times)

MiguelToniz

Planet Colonization
« on: January 23, 2015, 01:07:42 PM »

Someone help me! I could not "Terraform" that my texture a realistic way, so was not very good, can download it help me colonizing it your way PRO?file:///home/miguel/Documentos/3D/Images/Espa%C3%A7o/Terrestres/Lophus%20IV.png
file:///home/miguel/Documentos/3D/Images/Espa%C3%A7o/Terrestres/Lophus_III.gif
file:///home/miguel/Documentos/3D/Images/Espa%C3%A7o/Terrestres/Lophus_III.jpg
Here is the original map:
http://donjon.bin.sh/scifi/world/index.cgi
the seed is : 1935577108
56% water
16% Ice
12,7° of angle
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 11:33:40 AM by MiguelToniz »

smjjames

Re: Planet Colonization
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 09:48:14 PM »
Um, I don't think colonization is the word you're looking for.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 02:31:37 AM »
I think what you wanted was to change the texture of a planet, and yes, that is very possible. You simply go to the Physical Properties menu and then go to Texture and type in the exact file location of the image you want to use, unless you place it in the folder with the other Universe Sandbox 1 and/or 2 textures folder.

MiguelToniz

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 02:33:45 PM »

is the kind of colonization, you add forests, deserts and polar ice caps.
My Universe Sandbox is the Universe Sandbox 2 alpha 12.
has no textures folder! :-\

smjjames

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 11:24:59 PM »
I think the word you're looking for is terraforming though, not colonization?

Anyways, yeah, you can't add new textures right now.

MiguelToniz

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 01:22:34 PM »
Yes, yes "terraforming" is the word, I could not remember this word when I posted the request.
Can do to me?
I have a reward for those who send me the map of terraformed "Lophus IV-3045" *
Send the 183 MB download link in Planet textures when me receive the terrafomed texture
* Yes, this is the name I gave to the Planet!

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 07:03:51 AM »
I don't understand what you mean by "terraform" the texture, since all DonJon textures are already earth-like.

Electrodynamix

• Australian Alpha Tester and Astronomer
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 10:48:50 PM »
If you use windows then your computer should have paint.  It is very basic, however.  You will probably have to go to Start -> All programs/search programs and then type it in there.  I have some software for rendering stuff and there is also an app for IOS called 'phace wrapper'.  It creates beautiful procedually generated planet textures.  You can select lava, or earth like, or arctic.  Last time I used the program was ages ago when I did a project in animation...  The program outputs the exact dimensions for it to neatly wrap around a sphere in US1.  Yarp.

MiguelToniz

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 12:53:40 PM »
Well, I'm glad you are answering me, but no one helped me. (Unintentionally devalue the time it had to be reading this, or the time you spent to answer me) Look, "Gordon Freeman", you asked me why I want to terraform the texture; you realized that seem maps ATLAS OF SCHOOL, THAT YOU USE IN GEOGRAPHY LESSON !? come on already seen those donjon textures, are whitish color and poor, you know. See the pictures of a documentary on the Earth? for example ... the "Wonders of Life" series. or National Geographic, that are textures, the Donjon are the maximum, textures base.

Once again:
I have a reward for Those Who send me the map of terraformed "Lophus IV-3045" *
Send the 183 MB download link in Planet textures When I receive the terrafomed texture
* Yes, this is the name I just gave to the Planet!

MiguelToniz

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 01:17:31 PM »
Ah! one more thing I have done some planets Wallpapers in our solar system using GIMP, they were great, might want to check out LINK BELOW:

link: http://www.4shared.com/archive/hJ649fFpce/Planetas.html

Soon, the Aquaris alpha System paintings (Star Sadalmelik constellation Aquarius) The planet with alien life is Lophus IV-3045, is the fifth planet from the binary system.

smjjames

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 08:26:09 PM »
Could you use a different hosting place? I don't want to have to connect to a social network just to download :P

MiguelToniz

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 07:37:38 AM »
People'm not here to make you upset, my original purpose was to help, but ended up helping more people in recent days, the police in a week. It may seem strange, but I joined this site for 3 reasons:
1) I want a nice texture that is not painted with grass stamps (I did just that)

2) Universe Sandbox is extremely cool and realistic.

3) I would like to share my textures that are filling my computer, if I from printing all and is placed under my bed, pressing the pain would be about 4 inches off the ground. Then you ask me, why are you doing this Michael?
Then I answer you: because so far I only caught the textures, planets and creators and simulators gravitational aspects. I stopped sucking the internet, and decided to become a seeder. I am providing a package with 182 MegaBaites spatial textures.

English is my face ruin through time to write, I use Google Translate. so will find the wallpaper names in Portuguese-Brazil.

This is very interesting Electrodynamix; more interesting is that Sun is still a class O, a few weeks after I posted that I found that stars of this type are uninhabitable on average within 3 Light Years, due to high dimensioning X-ray, UV and UVB, but I knew they were extremely hot and chose a distance of 11.8 AU, its creatures are the kind of quasi-immortal creature as it were, are extremely resistentens radiation Ultra Violet, put a big gas giant planet after that to attract hostile particles.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2015, 09:04:08 AM »
You don't have to blow up in my face, Jesus. I think we can both agree that your English isn't perfect and that I could not understand you.

I understand that you want to find a method to add detail to DonJon textures?
Sadly there's not a way to do that. You can add geography icons, but that's about it.