Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Just Had Something Weird Happen O_o  (Read 3033 times)

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
Just Had Something Weird Happen O_o
« on: January 21, 2015, 06:51:31 PM »
So, I was taking screen shots of a few systems, planets, and moons. I decided to snap a high resolution screen shot. I chose 8x under the screen shot drop down, but after I clicked it, the game froze, and my virus software told me the process was blocked for my PC's safety. Just weird! o_O

I use Trend Micro antivirus because it's pretty non-intrusive, but this time it was, and it freaked out for some reason.

This was the directory of the file removed: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Universe Sandbox 2\Universe Sandbox x64.exe

Then it shows the "threats stopped," it was this series of numbers and letters: HEU_AEGISCS219

This seems weird, what do you think caused this? Bug maybe? If a dev could shed some light on the situation, that would be cool.

Oh, and I will include the output log, but I didn't spot anything particularly strange. In fact, the time the log file stopped writing data, it was right when the screen shots were taken.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: Just Had Something Weird Happen O_o
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 09:36:11 PM »
That's strange... Does 2x work?

I assure you we're not doing anything malicious.

Internally the only difference between 2x and 8x is this:

Application.CaptureScreenshot(ScreenshotName, 2);
Application.CaptureScreenshot(ScreenshotName, 8);

This is the code we call to take screenshots:
http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Application.CaptureScreenshot.html
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 05:41:05 PM by Dan Dixon »

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
Re: Just Had Something Weird Happen O_o
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 02:52:16 PM »
That's strange... Does 2x work?

I assure you we're not doing anything malicious.

Internally the only difference between 2x and 8x is this:

Application.CaptureScreenshot(ScreenshotName, 2);
Application.CaptureScreenshot(ScreenshotName, 8);

This is the code we call to take screenshots:
http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Application.CaptureScreenshot.html

Well, of course there is nothing malicious in your software, but my virus software thought it was. It thought the process was a worm/trojan trying to break its way in. I can confirm that the normal, 2x, and 4x for the screen shots work. However, 8x didn't seem to work for me, as it froze several times before the Universe Sandbox.exe was removed by my virus protection.

The problem is fixed, though. I just re-downloaded US2, so it's all good. :) Its just weird that the virus software got confused.