Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I got a better GPU and will this help US2 run better.  (Read 4484 times)

A Wise Limey

I got a better GPU and will this help US2 run better.
« on: January 10, 2015, 04:56:58 PM »
I bought a better graphics card ( EVGA 02G-P4-3757-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 FTW w/ ACX Cooling Video Card) when it gets to my house. will US2 run better?
HP Pavilion p6-2016 Desktop PC 

Pentium G620

•Operating speed: Up to 2.6 GHz

•Number of cores: 2

•Socket: LGA1155

•Bus speed: DMI (Direct Media Interface) - 2.5GT/s

Memory

6 GB

•Amount: 6 GB

•Speed: PC3-10600 MB/sec

•Type: DDR3-1333

Model
BrandEVGAModel02G-P4-3757-KR

Interface
InterfacePCI Express 3.0

Chipset
Chipset ManufacturerNVIDIAGPUGeForce GTX 750 TiCore Clock1189MHzBoost Clock1268MHzCUDA Cores640

Memory
Effective Memory Clock5400MHzMemory Size2GBMemory Interface128-BitMemory TypeGDDR5

3D API
DirectXDirectX 11.2OpenGLOpenGL 4.4
______________________________________________________________________________________

Here's my old GPU

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Integrated graphics (DX10.1)

*Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.

•Supports PCI Express x16 graphics cards

•DVI and VGA ports (both ports can be used at the same time)

More info on my GPU

Version: Direct3D 9.0c [igdumdx32.dll 8.15.10.2291]
 Renderer: Intel® HD Graphics Family
 Vendor: Intel
 VRAM: 880 MB (via DXGI)
 Caps: Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=1 INTZ=1 RAWZ=0 NULL=1 RESZ=1 SlowINTZ=0

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 05:01:01 PM by A Wise Limey »

C7

• Development Team
Re: I got a better GPU and will this help US2 run better.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 04:26:20 PM »
Your new GPU is considerably more powerful, so you should get a pretty decent performance boost from it. Your cpu is likely to be your limiting factor now.

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
Re: I got a better GPU and will this help US2 run better.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 08:43:33 PM »
You may have gotten a better GPU for your PC, but I have a feeling that Pentium G620 is going to bottleneck your system. Meaning, the graphics card will be too fast for your CPU, thus creating a "bottleneck." Also, how much do you have in you power supply unit (the box that powers you PC), if you only have 350W power supply, it won't run the GPU at it's fullest capacity.

The GTX 750Ti requires at least a 300W PSU. You're capping out on your power with that. The 750Ti may only draw 60W of power, but it's recommended to have above the required wattage. Without a doubt, you will see better performance, but your new GPU may be severely stunted due to the limitations of your CPU (and possibly your PSU). You can always check if you want. A sticker should be on the side of the box. Just open you PC's side panel.

Well, hope I didn't sound too off putting. Contrary to what Giant Army says about the specs required to run this game, you actually need way above what they recommend as a minimum. That's just the way it is, and that's probably the way it's going to stay. There is just no way you can run this software with a run-of-the-mill desktop or laptop. You can (kinda), but you're experience will be somewhat hindered.