Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Open TTD  (Read 10867 times)

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
Re: Open TTD
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2018, 06:24:35 PM »
What is the difference? 1 player, 2 player, they both have players!

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2018, 08:55:24 AM »
Like, a singleplayer game, or a multiplayer game?

A multiplayer game

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2018, 04:19:41 PM »
if you don't tell people more information about it, like its server name and maybe even password, it's completely useless.

also port forwarding is a thing that exists that you have to do before hosting an ottd game successfully. i don't know if it's like minecraft where you think you're hosting a server successfully even when you haven't port forwarded in order to be able to have others connect or not but that is a thing you should check.

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2018, 04:39:02 PM »
if you don't tell people more information about it, like its server name and maybe even password, it's completely useless.

also port forwarding is a thing that exists that you have to do before hosting an ottd game successfully. i don't know if it's like minecraft where you think you're hosting a server successfully even when you haven't port forwarded in order to be able to have others connect or not but that is a thing you should check.

The server name is "USF Game 2" and password is UniverseSandbox

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2018, 03:14:13 PM »
How to signals 101

You all are like "you just connect cities far away and on fast trains to print money" as if its actually easy to manage train networks like that! let me tell you, there's a lot more behind the scenes than you expect

Block signals
Block signals are by far the easiest type of signal to understand. They don't care about what direction a train is going, if the path is clear, nothing they just show green if the block is open and red if its closed.

Path signals
Path signals are more complex because they actually try to see where the train is heading and what path it wants. If a path signal allows a train through, the path the train will take is "reserved" not allowing any trains to intersect or use those rail tiles. If the path a train wants is clear of any reservations then it will be allowed to pass on its reserved route through the block.

I made a slight mistake with the below image...two of any signals will allow the train to advance not just path signals, except what I say in the next slide.

What I do
With a basic understanding of how path signals work, lets investigate my station setup.

Quick correction with below, the first train to arrive at the inward facing path signal will be the one that wins the "who will get to exit game", not first to reserve a path there.

Quick note on junctions
I don't do junctions in my MP passenger games because I always run my line at max train capacity and on tight timetable schedules so there is no time to let trains into the flow. Just because I don't do them in MP doesn't mean they are a bad idea, they are great for lower capacity routes.

It is very easy for junctions to deadlock if trains are longer than the blocks. For this reason you should never put signals in junctions or have junctions so close together where the block size isn't sufficient to let trains pass through easily.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2018, 02:03:38 PM »

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2018, 01:23:18 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '192205'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:00:32 AM by FiahOwl »

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2018, 09:05:47 PM »
how do you just accidentally leave the server running