Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Universe Sandbox ² for PS4?  (Read 31844 times)

A Wise Limey

Universe Sandbox ² for PS4?
« on: January 01, 2015, 10:23:04 PM »

I have a lot of fun with US2 but my computer hardware has frame rate issues! So could it be possible for you guys to add UB2 to the PS4! PS4 is a lot more powerful than my PC so it should be able to run on the PS4 with no problem and the CPU is x86 ! I would very much love to see this happen for the PS4!
And this is the really only game I play because I'm deeply fascinated with space and the Universe! This game has allowed me to do the "with if that happen" !

smjjames

Re: Universe Sandbox ² for PS4?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 10:53:10 PM »
I have no idea how much effort it would take to adapt the coding to a console.

A Wise Limey

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 11:03:04 PM »
 The PS4 runs x86 pc architecture and that's the easiest to code for by far but I can see coding issues for the controller. but It can but fixed.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 02:55:07 AM »
Interesting idea. There would probably have to be a huge controls rehaul as it would be messed up trying to control the PC version with a PS controller.

A Wise Limey

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 12:21:35 PM »
Argeed

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 03:15:58 PM »
they have to finish the windows version first

pac0master

• Developer of Portal 2: Abyss
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 09:31:28 PM »
I believe the problem might be the Ps4 License and loyalty fees if there is any.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 11:48:26 AM »
In theory this is possible... We're in Unity (our 3D engine for Universe Sandbox ²) and Unity supports PS4.

I suspect the biggest challenge would be the need for full controller support. Making all of our menus and controls work smoothly with a game controller.

If someone wants to solve this problem for us... then we'll see what we can do. ;)

Jlmoreno

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 03:25:38 PM »
Maybe you can make combinations of controls to be able to control the game. It could be like one joy-stick with x zooms in.

crkimsey42

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 08:28:39 PM »
Doesnt the ps4 have keyboard/mouse accesory and support?  How about keeping environment as key/mouse (MUCH better for some games) for a ps4 version?  I know the ps4 modeled computer architecture to broaden developers' ability to offer games for PC and ps4, thus why no former ps games work on ps4.  It even feels like a pc with homescreen, net browsing, etc other than the core control platform isnt windows, Im guessing thats the main issue to rework for console version?

What is the primary code used for US2?  Ive forgotten half my code writting ability due to not using it regularly, and I noticed you say "if you could help interface a controller..." to someone.  Were you serious, are there any way people can volunteer to help in any way?  Havent played unfortunately my PC MB is out and cant afford to fix for a bit, and im beginner to low tier intermediate writting code due to lack of practice. 

I excel, however, with mathematics, modeling, etc and have high level of skill especially in fluid dynamic flow, force vector fields, and most of all chemical reactions/changes modeled accurately in various environmental settings along with heat build-up, phase change and density change based on pressure/temperature, and most aspects of transient heat/radiant energy transfer or loss/absorption-storage over time.  Looks as if most are already modeled, but how complete with how many factors omitted for simplicity to focus mainly on large scale governing physics?  Do most collision sims rely on finite element mesh transient models to simulate heat build up and debris flung into orbit?  Are different elemental make-up of planets considered?  Are atmospheres modeled or present?  Does extreme heat collisions alter elements; ex. is any chemical aspects, reactions, or properties  considered to model new bulk molecular species to be created to alter or destroy atmospheres?  Etc. etc.

Sorry 2 ramble, just seems this game could become so realistically detailed introducing bulk chemistry modeling and fluids motion for (l) and (g) phases to create globes of collected gases in space, or surface details like tsunamis from smaller water impacts to flood land masses creating new lakes.  Watching a giant gas cloud grow new stars or having super nova's actually spew an array of light and heavy elements into space would be epic (if you dont already do that, not sure).  The coolest i think would be gas clouds forming stars or generating new gas clouds of chosen elements to watch them grow gas giants, eventually crushing the core to liquid and finally solid if large enough. 

Thinking out loud to myself:  Only problem may arrise with innitial seed formation and motion modeling of dispursed gaseous clouds since this area is still hardly concrete how it happens seeing how at the atomic level theyre isnt a gravitational force to begin clumping or bulk motion in a free floating gas cloud in a vacuum.....gas density would be redicuously low in a virtually zero pressure setting; atom collision would be infrequent and certainally atoms of gas have vast distances between so no attractional forces to begin clumping.  Unless having it super cold to begin with causes intermolecular attractive forces to aggregate until large enuf to attract via its mass through gravity; but in vacuum H2 would most likely not even form droplets of liquid being non-polar...Damn trying to combine atomic level events with large scale it just falls apart!!  Lol, screw it, maybe we could "cheat" a bit and place a few small masses in the cloud for starting star seeds for the games sake big enuf to exert gravity lol

Sorry so long I just enjoy learning and creating based on acquired knowledge.  Good luck with project I wish you great success; appears its doin great so far.

Chad R. Kimsey
MS chemical engineering

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 03:54:52 PM »
Would Universe Sandbox 2 be able to handle huge simulations with an AMD Ryzen 16 core processor?