Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: about China's piracy problem universe sandbox², how do you see?  (Read 6490 times)

Rainbow

• 宇宙沙盘2亚洲第一个测试人员
I think we should take the following measures to punish the malicious behavior of the Chinese people. (But I am also a Chinese person, I do not care about)
1. Do not publish a Chinese version of the universe sandbox²
2. Replace Piracy (Alpha4-Alpha5) file, with Alpha6-Alpha12.1 the file to replace, so they can not run, must be purchased.
3.can make a statement in the Chinese universe sandbox ² serious region, saying it was a violation of intellectual property rights and interests.
Currently just out of this, and the rest of the development team to make. Many Chinese people do not want to buy, and use Alpha4-Alpha5 version, as well as the Chinese people very arrogant spread everywhere piracy. These suggestions punish these acts perpetrated by the Chinese people as a warning!

Gordon Freeman

Re: about China's piracy problem universe sandbox², how do you see?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 02:31:31 AM »

That's nasty. Why would you neglect a whole lingual demographic of astronomy because a few turds decided to steal a game?

Rainbow

• 宇宙沙盘2亚洲第一个测试人员
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 06:17:31 AM »

That's nasty. Why would you neglect a whole lingual demographic of astronomy because a few turds decided to steal a game?
This is just part of the Chinese people, and these people have ruined the image of Chinese people. But China is a big country of piracy.

Rainbow

• 宇宙沙盘2亚洲第一个测试人员
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 06:19:02 AM »

Chinese people can not buy ² sandbox universe, and because they do not 支付宝(support Alipay). Some Chinese people have that just won the qualification test.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 06:44:04 AM »
What are you even talking about? People pirate Universe Sandbox 2 everywhere. Taking down sales in China because of pirates is about as effective as scrapping the whole project altogether.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 07:12:05 AM »
I don't think it would be effective to stop selling it in China - then piracy would just be the only way you could get it there.

smjjames

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 08:09:46 AM »
1. There isn't a Chinese language version of Ubox2 yet and not having one doesn't stop it from being pirated.

2. No idea.

3. You mean sue them?

Really though, Dan and co have already stated their opinions on this.

creeperz1211

• Hi?
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 09:44:51 PM »
If China pirates, China pirates. There is nothing a few people on a forum can do to stop them. Pirating actually means that people want the game, but just don't have the money to buy it. Also pirating is actually a good sign for the project itself. Because many flat broke people spend hours on end staring at youtube videos of Universe Sandbox 2. Obviously they'd want it. they'd do anything to have it, to some extent even downloading a pirated torrent. So rainbow, China's gamers pretty much worship pirating as if it were a religious god. And not letting Chinese people have Universe Sandbox 2 wouldn't stop pirating of the game in China. Most people (including me to some extent) with a computer has pirated games once or twice in their life. Pirating is next to impossible to stop.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 02:42:53 AM »
people want the game, but just don't have the money to buy it.

Not always the case. There may be people who may think a game isn't worth buying, or maybe they want to try it out before buying it. And there may be people who just don't want to shell out their fat wallets.

Either way, it's not a big deal.

Rainbow

• 宇宙沙盘2亚洲第一个测试人员
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 02:48:19 AM »
I don't think it would be effective to stop selling it in China - then piracy would just be the only way you could get it there.
So how to solve this problem

Rainbow

• 宇宙沙盘2亚洲第一个测试人员
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 02:50:40 AM »
1. There isn't a Chinese language version of Ubox2 yet and not having one doesn't stop it from being pirated.

2. No idea.

3. You mean sue them?

Really though, Dan and co have already stated their opinions on this.
ok

Rainbow

• 宇宙沙盘2亚洲第一个测试人员
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 02:54:00 AM »
If China pirates, China pirates. There is nothing a few people on a forum can do to stop them. Pirating actually means that people want the game, but just don't have the money to buy it. Also pirating is actually a good sign for the project itself. Because many flat broke people spend hours on end staring at youtube videos of Universe Sandbox 2. Obviously they'd want it. they'd do anything to have it, to some extent even downloading a pirated torrent. So rainbow, China's gamers pretty much worship pirating as if it were a religious god. And not letting Chinese people have Universe Sandbox 2 wouldn't stop pirating of the game in China. Most people (including me to some extent) with a computer has pirated games once or twice in their life. Pirating is next to impossible to stop.
As we all know, China is a big country of piracy.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 02:55:10 AM »

You don't. It's not a problem worth solving.

你不。这不是一个问题值得解决。

Rainbow

• 宇宙沙盘2亚洲第一个测试人员
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 03:20:46 AM »

You don't. It's not a problem worth solving.

你不。这不是一个问题值得解决。
Okay

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 10:41:09 AM »
I don't know the economics in it so I don't really know what a good solution would be. I think the developers have said that there isn't much they can do about it and also that they don't worry much about the problem. The pirated versions might be used by people who couldn't buy it anyway, maybe some people who pirated will end up choosing to buy the game, or show the program to others who might buy it.