Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [Suggestion] Gravitational Waves  (Read 5250 times)

Karn

• Karn on Steam
[Suggestion] Gravitational Waves
« on: December 28, 2014, 01:44:42 PM »
I just shared a report after I closed the game, so the developers would see this in their mail. I decided to also share it along the community, for every user to see my idea.

I request that gravitational simulation acts more realistically i.e. along with the speed of light.
As the speed of light is not only this of light itself, but also of every other kind of information, including gravitational waves.

Current simulations act to the law of Newtonian Gravitation, which says that any object of mass responds instantly to any other object of mass, no matter the distance.
To test this, I watched earths path while I deleted the sun in a simulation on real time. It immediately changed its route straight forward, while it should have only after ~8 minutes.

I could imagine, this is hard to simulate. But for hobby astronomers it's of incredible worth for detail in realistic simulation.

Maybe include visible gravitational waves, or gravitational grids (the ones you always see in documentaries) as a feature?

(I should note, I have no idea if it's a feature in USĀ². But I would love to see it there!)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 01:52:52 PM by Karn »

Gordon Freeman

Re: [Suggestion] Gravitational Waves
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 01:02:19 AM »
I suggested this feature before some time ago. Dan said that this can make a system unstable.

Crimson

Re: [Suggestion] Gravitational Waves
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 07:48:56 PM »
Darn, I'd love to see gravitational waves result from close-in white dwarf binaries.