Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Anyone having collision and solar system lag problems?  (Read 2843 times)

Unnamed25

• o hai
Anyone having collision and solar system lag problems?
« on: December 14, 2014, 12:13:18 PM »
First off, sorry for being mean previously, didn't mean to offend or anything, i guess i was just tired or stressed and i somehow didn't know.

Ok now that i said that, anyone having lag problems with collisions and the solar system?

The amount of particles(asteroids) in the solar system simulation make me lag a ton for some reason and it used to be okay until the alpha 12, im watching some vids of alpha 12.1 and the guy is experiencing no lag at all like i do(5-15 FPS for me)

Now on to the collisions, they have been always laggy for me obviously(specially when its on "slow motion") but i also watched another video of pluto slowly crashing into earth but with no lag at all.

I have 16GB of ram(Intel core i7-4910MQ CPU) 2.9Ghz
64 bit
A Nvidia GPU(with high perfomance setting)(its a GPU right? XD)

Not sure what else would be useful for this so i'll leave the log after loading in US2 again
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 12:18:05 PM by Unnamed25 »

C7

• Development Team
Re: Anyone having collision and solar system lag problems?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 08:56:02 AM »
Looking at your logs, it seems that the game is having issues finding the OpenCL.dll files. Without OpenCL, you're going to get pretty bad performance.

Your installation may be missing files, or be otherwise corrupted. You can use steam to verify the game cache to check for missing files and redownload them. Alternatively, you can remove the game from your Steam library and re-download a full, fresh copy.

If that doesn't work, you can make sure your system has the right files to run OpenCL. The AMD implementation works really well, and even supports using processors made by other companies.

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/opencl-zone/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/

Unnamed25

• o hai
Re: Anyone having collision and solar system lag problems?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 07:22:52 PM »
Oh OpenCL..

I remmeber another game not working at all, i didn't know what it was and re installs didn't fix it, so i launched the .EXE and not on steam and said it was missing OpenAL(and there luckily was an OpenAL installer on the game files)

Maybe that and this could be related?

I'm reinstalling US2 right now

EDIT: Reinstalling the game worked!
Im surprised that it was THAT simple.

Next time a lag bug happens i'll make sure to reinstall it first

Thanks!