Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [BUG]Run Performance Test Bug  (Read 2491 times)

lamor

[BUG]Run Performance Test Bug
« on: November 07, 2014, 10:45:46 AM »
I clicked Run Performance Test. It firstly went well and showed the planets and then one star with many orbits correctly. But after that it stuck at the black screen. I waited 5 min and it didn't do anything whilst the cpu is still running at around 25% usage. I tried this twice and it stayed the same.

Philemon

Re: [BUG]Run Performance Test Bug
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 05:58:33 AM »
I've got the exact same issue.

im4space

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 07:39:02 AM »
I ran the Performance Test on two different computers. One took 35 minutes and the other one took over 2 hours. So 5 minutes may not have been enough time to finish.

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 09:34:48 AM »
 We're working hard on performance in the upcoming updates, so hopefully we'll be seeing a lot of improvement there. We recently discovered a bug in how we do our timestepping that has been fixed, so that should help a good bit, especially on computers that struggle to maintain 60fps.

If you've completed those performance tests, please send in a feedback email with AttenC7 in the subject, so I can review them and see where the slowdowns are happening. Even though I suspect it's something we've already seen, I'd like to make sure you're not having another issue.